PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a dojo in Darmstadt, Germany

Loukopoulos
28th April 2007, 10:08
Hello everyone,

Can someone guide me to finding a dojo in Darmstadt, Germany?

I am not particular about the style, and it can be a karate, judo, aikido, or any other of the more 'traditional' martial art schools.

I would be completely new to the area, so any information will be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Chuck.Gordon
28th April 2007, 16:22
Katherine,

Dunno about Darmstadt (interesting place that, I was in and out of there quite a bit in the 80s), but I can get you in touch with some SMR jo, aikido and Kashima Shinryu folks in Frankfurt if you're willing to hop a train or drive a bit. Let me know.

cg

Loukopoulos
28th April 2007, 17:53
Dear Gordon sensei,

Yes, please, do send me information on dojos located in Frankfurt. Darmstadt is not very far from Frankfurt and Idon't mind taking the trains...

Thank you very much,

Nyuck3X
28th April 2007, 18:18
Here is a contact for Chibana-ha Shorin-ryu.
This is Miyahira's representitive in Germany and
I am sure he has a class near you.

http://www.shorinryu.de/

Good-luck!

Loukopoulos
28th April 2007, 18:28
Dear Ray sensei,

Thank you... instead of packing my suitcases, I am surfing and looking fo a dojo... smile...

Chuck.Gordon
29th April 2007, 07:08
Katherine,

I'm sending your contact info to a friend in Frankfurt who can give you ingo about Shinto Muso Ryu or Aikido.

If you go to http://www.kashima-shinryu.de/, you can get info about the KSR folks there.

Good luck!

cg

Loukopoulos
1st May 2007, 13:31
Dear Gordon sensei,

Thank you very much for the info.

Once I am settled in Darmstadt I will visit the dojo you have recommended.

Take care,

Chuck.Gordon
1st May 2007, 13:37
Katherine, please call me Chuck.

My friend Joachim has also sent you info about his dojo in Frankfurt. Good folks there!

cg

Loukopoulos
4th May 2007, 06:53
Dear Chuck,

Yes and I thank you very much for your kind intervention. I have received much information and now I am armed with my karate gi and a good feeling that I will be training again...

Smile,