PDA

View Full Version : Stumbled over a weird... errr... Bujinkan site...

kennin
19th May 2007, 18:46
Anybody any idea who T H I S (http://shinobinoshu.the-ninja.jp/index.html) might be?
I just stumbled over this site, looking for something really completely different, oddly enough...
The site refers to Hatsumi sensei and Bujinkan, though it does not look like Bujinkan...

Shinobi
19th May 2007, 19:48
Anybody any idea who T H I S (http://shinobinoshu.the-ninja.jp/index.html) might be?
I just stumbled over this site, looking for something really completely different, oddly enough...
The site refers to Hatsumi sensei and Bujinkan, though it does not look like Bujinkan...

Looks like BJK to me for the most part during the enbu on stage, I see some Kukishinden sojutsu kata, etc. Most of it does seem "chambara'ish" but thats what he does for a living so.

He's one of Hatsumi-sensei's shihan, forget what rank he is. Waki Masayuki the site says his name is but I have heard of him with other names. He's a stuntman, fight choreographer, etc as his profile says for some movie studios and TV shows, he mostly plays ninja roles.

He's the guy on some of the Daikomyosai videos who's "flipping out" of everything, doing one-handed cartwheels, no-handed cartwheels, etc since he's a acrobatic type of stuntman.

I think his acrobatics are really good and its a part of ninjutsu and BJK so.

Think I'll get one of those costumes :p

Brian VanCise
19th May 2007, 22:11
I've seen him as an uke for soke several times.

kennin
20th May 2007, 10:05
Thank you for the replies! :)

studious_ninja
20th May 2007, 10:15
I believe that is Yoshida sensei. He's usually the one in the bandana on the Daikomyosai DVDs. I have been known to be wrong before.

ach_crivens
17th June 2007, 02:11
Yep, Eric & Syd are correct. In addition to being a Bujinkan shihan, Yoshida-sensei (stage name Waki Masayuki) is a very talented professional stuntman & 2nd unit director. He heads a pro stunt team in Tokyo, and they do film, TV, game title, and live performance projects in Japan and internationally.

Have a great weekend all!

Best,

Kat Baylor