PDA

View Full Version : Defendo

Filster
30th December 2000, 04:13
Does anybody have any opinions and/or experience with Bill Wolfe and Modern Defendo?

http://www.defendo.com

Houndsize
20th December 2006, 16:57
I trained under both Bill and Dennis Wolf here in Vancouver. I don't know if you would consider my thoughts and opinions as biased, but prior to training under them I trained in Judo, Sung Hang Do and BJJ. All I can say is that Bill is very qualified. With his military and police background, he is a recognized use of force expert in Canadian courts; he is sincere in his abilities and experience.
My training reached a whole new level once I started training with the Wolfe brothers. They push you to a different level, with the reality training scenarios and simple and savage techniques.
Modern Defendo is a stripped down, street based fighting system that is facilitated in a similar manner as military exercises.
When I was training under the Wolf brothers, I was able to get my Battleschool certification. This was one of the most significant experiences of my life. It was over a weekend for a total of about 20 hours. The class was taught in a military style, so along with some positive reinforcement, there was allot of yelling and letting us no, not so politely, that we are not pushing ourselves. The purpose of Battleschool is to prepare you for a real life attack scenario. You are taught the CORE techniques, and then they are applied to scenario training. But the only way to simulate fear without actually being in a life threatening situation is through exhaustion. So prior to the scenario training, you are drilling the techniques over and over. There was also 4 hours of classroom time that focused on the mental, physiological and emotional aspects of being in a confrontation.
I may sound biased, but I do believe in what is taught by the Wolf brothers, but I still train with other instructors as well. They have a great place to train if you have never trained or are looking to take your training to the next level.