PDA

View Full Version : 60th Anniversary Taikai - Tokyo | Japan

mehekorokorotui
20th June 2007, 12:04
Is anyone going to the 60th Anniversary Taikai? Sensei has offered to help fund people going but it looks like I may be the only person in New Zealand to go.

Ewok
20th June 2007, 15:26
When is it? I'm probably going to be in the background assisting ;)

mehekorokorotui
21st June 2007, 11:06
The weekend of November 3 and 4.

On Saturday there is a ceremony and party later. To attend this however you must be a branch master, federation leader, or coach etc.

The Taikai is on Sunday. Go to the calender on the WSKO site to see what categories there are.

I spoke to Sensei and I won't be going. I'm still a beginner and can't participate.

My goal is to reach shodan by the 2009 International Taikai.

See you in Indonesia.

Rob Gassin
21st June 2007, 12:44
My initial aim was to attend the 60th Anniversary but I changed my mind when I realised that there was no organised training. So I'm attending the summer camps instead.

David Dunn
21st June 2007, 12:48
Rob, I'm not sure that there has been a final decision on organised training yet.

Ewok
21st June 2007, 14:09
I've got contacts in the Tokyo group, I'll see what I can find out about training ;)

Rob Gassin
21st June 2007, 21:40
Rob, I'm not sure that there has been a final decision on organised training yet.

Hi David,

That's the problem. For most of us, a trip to Japan involves major adjustments to our life. Therefore, as I was not sure about the availability of training, I took the easier option, that guaranteed me training.

BTW, I understand that sensei Nick Sanders Sensei (Melbourne Branch BM), is planning to attend the Anniversary and then train with some of the local Tokyo Branches.

Cheers,