PDA

View Full Version : In the search of Nosyudo

czumelzu
26th June 2007, 16:02
Time ago I heard that the excellent Igarashi iaitos was available worldwide only if you purchase the Suzaku iaito in Nishijin, because that model was Igarashi.
Now in Nishijin that model was discontinued, instead that model the Bishamon iaito was introduced.
This Bishamon model iaito is a Igarashi too?
Anyone knows something?

Thanks in advance

Charles Mahan
26th June 2007, 20:32
I don't think Nosyudo swords are available through any supplier outside of Japan. I think you would have to travel to Japan to purchase one at this point. It's unfortunate, but that's the situation as I understand it.

Kachimushi
28th June 2007, 00:10
A few years ago, I had a long talk over lunch with the president of Noshudo. Without getting into the gory details (and my Japanese ability was lower then, so there may have been some misunderstanding involved), they are no longer legally able to ship outside of Japan, or at least to North America. Actually, I`ll be going to see him in a month or so on other business. I can let him know that people are interested (I`ve seen questions on other forums as well), and can ask him about if the situation is going to change any time soon.

czumelzu
29th June 2007, 17:26
Thank you Paul,

I will appreciate this.

Kachimushi
26th July 2007, 01:39
I don't think Nosyudo swords are available through any supplier outside of Japan. I think you would have to travel to Japan to purchase one at this point. It's unfortunate, but that's the situation as I understand it.

Unfortunately, Mr. Mahan is correct. I went and met with Igarashi-san yesterday and we had a long talk, even though he was very busy with customers, etc. He is a very helpful and accomodating person.

Basically what he said was that he is not now, nor has he been for several years, selling any shinken or iaito outside of Japan. The only way that you can get one of his swords is to come to Seki, Japan and buy it here. If anyone has such aspirations, please feel free to let me know and I will see what I can do to help out.

Sorry for the bad news, as I know that there are lots of people who would love to get their hands on one of his swords. I bought mine there 7 years ago, and have really liked it, although going to his store again made me want a new one!

czumelzu
2nd August 2007, 14:22
Dear all,

Finally I could contact Mr Higarashi, so, now we are working in the set of my new Nosyudo Iaito.
Thanks