PDA

View Full Version : Checking out dojos in Denver, Co area

Yama Kuma
18th July 2007, 21:51
Hello all,

I am currently making the transition from an independent ninjutsu style (re: made-up history, no connection to the X-kans) and was seeking advice on dojos in this area.

I have already checked out the Ukibane dojo (Bujinkan) and I am making plans to visit the Tenchi Jin Genbukan dojo. The other dojo that I have located and contacted is the Kusa dojo, which is under the guidance of a student of Chadwick Minge.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Katsujin-ken
19th July 2007, 01:50
Hello Ray,

As a Genbukan practitioner, I would definitely recommend checking out the Tenchi Jin Dojo. I've heard many good things about Renshi Lyle Benson and the dojo from friends who train there.

Good luck searchin', by all means do keep us posted.

MakotoDojo
19th July 2007, 04:03
I second that vote for Renshi Benson!

He is a very nice person and good teacher. He trains in Japan very often as well.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Surgere
19th July 2007, 14:04
I've heard nothing but great things about Mr. Paris.

hzbsd009
4th September 2007, 04:52
I know Nathan Paris and highly recommend him.

Sincerely,
Michael Tucker

Haikufive
16th January 2009, 05:41
Hello all.

I'll be moving to Denver soon, and I wanted to get an idea of what's going on out that way.

I've been training for a few years in the Jinenkan, and this has been my first experience in the Takamatsu-den arts. I'd love to meet up with anyone who has an interest- Bujinkan, Genbukan, Smackthemailmankan, whatever floats your boat. If you'd like to train, I'd love to meet up. I'm looking to move to Denver by the end of the year, and I get out that way fairly regularly because I work as a flight attendant. I'd love to meet some other budoka in the area!
Thanks for everything.

Scott.

vspindle
23rd February 2010, 07:15
I currently study ninpo taijutsu at the Kusa Dojo. I don't claim to know how it compares to the Genbukan and Bujinkan dojos in the area, as I have never attended classes. I would encourage anyone interested in taijutsu to come to a class. We welcome new students of all skill levels and backgrounds. I would be more than happy to answer any questions I can.

For more info visit www.kusadojo.net

Vanessa Spindle

Haikufive
23rd February 2010, 07:27
I currently study ninpo taijutsu at the Kusa Dojo. I don't claim to know how it compares to the Genbukan and Bujinkan dojos in the area, as I have never attended classes. I would encourage anyone interested in taijutsu to come to a class. We welcome new students of all skill levels and backgrounds. I would be more than happy to answer any questions I can.

For more info visit www.kusadojo.net

Vanessa Spindle

Hi Vanessa.
I'm pretty sure that we've trained together a couple of times at Kusa, and I'm looking forward to getting out there again when I get back into town.

Scott. The guy who you threw around for like an hour on Friday. :)

Prospero
23rd February 2010, 14:44
Hi,
I'm in Colorado Springs, about 60 miles South of where you are moving. I am not too familiar with the Bujinkan situation in Denver, but know a few people that are. If you still need help and recommendations, PM me and I will see if I can link you with the folks who are more in the know.

vspindle
25th February 2010, 21:29
Hey Scott, I was wondering if that was you.

I look forward to training with you again. Next week we are having a guest to show us a little kickboxing if you're going to be around.

Vanessa Spindle