PDA

View Full Version : Changes at Yoshinkan?

Seishin
26th August 2007, 20:04
I noticed that Inoue Sensei no longer appear to be Kancho of Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo. His name is no longer on the website either. Has he left Yoshinkan altogther - or accepted some kind of "voluntary" retirement" from the Kancho position? Can anyone shed some light on what has happened at the top of Yoshinkan?

It looks like Shioda Yasuhisa is now the new Kancho. What about Terada Sensei - does he hold any function any longer?

Best regards
Flemming Madsen

elder999
26th August 2007, 20:18
I noticed that Inoue Sensei no longer appear to be Kancho of Yoshinkan Honbu Dojo. His name is no longer on the website either. Has he left Yoshinkan altogther - or accepted some kind of "voluntary" retirement" from the Kancho position? Can anyone shed some light on what has happened at the top of Yoshinkan?

It looks like Shioda Yasuhisa is now the new Kancho. What about Terada Sensei - does he hold any function any longer?

Best regards
Flemming Madsen

From the IYAF website:

On 14 June 2007, I, Yasuhisa Shioda was elected to be the new Yoshinkan Kancho.

Seems pretty self-explanatory. Couldn't tell you about your other questions, at least, not today...

Steven Miranda
27th August 2007, 01:16
>What about Terada Sensei

Terada Sensei is still the chairman and chief technical advisor of Yoshinkan Aikido. Nothing has changed in regards to Terada Sensei.

Seishin
14th September 2007, 18:50
...and what happened to Inoue Sensei? Has he just retired from active teaching - or does he still hold a function within Yoshinkan?

thanks and regards
Flemming

Steven Miranda
14th September 2007, 19:11
...and what happened to Inoue Sensei? Has he just retired from active teaching - or does he still hold a function within Yoshinkan?

thanks and regards
Flemming

Your guess is as good as any. If you are really interested, write the Yoshinkan honbu at youshin@deluxe.ocn.ne.jp or iyaf@celery.ocn.ne.jp.