PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Grand Sumo Basho is one week away!

jonpalombi
2nd September 2007, 01:13
As Yokozuna Asashoryu will be banned from competing in the upcoming Tokyo basho, we will all have to see who rises into the dominant spot. Most of us can see Asa's fellow Mongolian Yokozuna Hakuho, as the easy-pick. Still, there is a new Ozeki in the ranks, Kotomitsuki! Congrats on his fine effort! I would personally like to see one of the older Ozeki take the September Yusho. But, then again, I don't really expect it. Chiotaikai would be my first choice but you can never underestimate the mighty Kaio. Realistically, both champions are too weathered (you know, injury-prone) to pull it off. I can hardly wait to see the day #1 matches! :cool:

Hey John McCullock,
What's your take on this new equation? Do you see Hakuho seizing the day? By now, he must be over the New-Yokozuna jitters. Wouldn't it be nice if Homasho pulled-off a 12-3 or 11-4 record? I like the kid! Isn't about time for a Japanese Yokozuna? I guess I'm putting the cart before the horse. Ozeki would be one hell of a feat! Time will tell... I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for the much anticipated, clash of the Titans. Once more, it's time for Ozumo! :p

Ciao, Jon Palombi

John McCulloch
7th September 2007, 03:22
....Kotooshu.

There I've said it! :karatekid

John McCulloch

jonpalombi
7th September 2007, 04:21
....Kotooshu.

There I've said it! :karatekid

John McCulloch

You think so, John? "I'll have one of whatever John's drinking." But seriously, I'm guessing that anything goes, this time around. That's what is so very exciting about the upcoming Tokyo Sumo Basho. With Asashoryu off the menu, I believe we will see all of the Yusho contenders giving it their very best effort. I am at the edge of my seat! See ya around the Dohyo, guys. :cool: