PDA

View Full Version : Takeshima sensei passed away...

Chidokan
4th September 2007, 13:37
I have recently found out Takeshima sensei, who ran the Kochi dojo, (original home of MJER), has passed away. I had the pleasure of training with him and am sad to say it's a loss of another fantastic store of knowledge, as his replacement has now closed the doors of the dojo to limit it to Kochi people only.
His tachi uchi no kurai instruction is something that will always stick in my mind, along with his pleasant and helpful nature. A true gentleman and a great loss for us all.

SamHaLe
5th September 2007, 14:51
I have recently found out Takeshima sensei, who ran the Kochi dojo, (original home of MJER), has passed away. I had the pleasure of training with him and am sad to say it's a loss of another fantastic store of knowledge, as his replacement has now closed the doors of the dojo to limit it to Kochi people only.
His tachi uchi no kurai instruction is something that will always stick in my mind, along with his pleasant and helpful nature. A true gentleman and a great loss for us all.

again sad news for the MJER community in a very short time...

Hopefully his knowledge and teachings of the original Tachi Uchi no Kurai will spread true those who learned from him, so he will be remembered and alive true...

Never met him personally but hopefully I get a glimpse true one of his studens who got a direct transmission...

By chance, do you have a picture of Takashima sensei?

Michael Hodge
5th September 2007, 18:18
By chance, do you have a picture of Takashima sensei?

There's a few about halfway down the page on the following website:

http://ejmas.com/tin/2006tin/tinart_hellsten_0206.html

Michael Hodge

Chidokan
6th September 2007, 00:01
and one from me...

http://chidokan.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/chidokanvisit.jpg

Arne Oster
6th September 2007, 07:21
It is very sad news indeed. Unfortunately I have seen very little of the genuine Kochi style MJER, either live or on film. If that situation will change anytime soon remains to be seen.
Regards
Arne

Michael Hodge
6th September 2007, 13:48
I have seen very little of the genuine Kochi style MJER, either live or on film.

See if you can get hold of Iwata Norikazu's tapes. His Roshukai style is about the most accessible stuff one can find recorded. He's quite big on maintaining the old ways. He's pretty partial to the ways of Tosa.

Michael Hodge

Arne Oster
7th September 2007, 07:08
I very much agree. These videos are supposedly available on DVD now.
I mean with the exception of Iwata sensei. I mean people like the late
Takeshima sensei and other senior teachers currently teaching in Kochi.

Regards
Arne

SamHaLe
15th September 2007, 11:15
and one from me...

http://chidokan.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/chidokanvisit.jpg

Thank you... are you somewhere on that picture?

grtz,

Chidokan
15th September 2007, 11:48
just above Iwata sensei... the moustache is the giveaway.... :D

Erik Tracy
16th September 2007, 17:12
This is indeed sad news.

All Eishin-ryu practitioners have lost something. We should all appreciate who has come before and only hope we can carry on what they have taught us.

My condolences to those of Takeshima Sensei's students.

Erik Tracy