PDA

View Full Version : Just asking a question

trevorg
16th October 2007, 21:27
Is there any particular reason why the really interesting martial arts stuff has been pushed down the ladder of subjects ? Even the good, bad and ugly is right down there on the bottom rung. Isnt the site primarily about ma ?

Osu
Trevor

John Lindsey
16th October 2007, 22:00
It is all my fault since I own it.

The good/bad/ugly deserves to be on the bottom for now. If people are spending most of their time in those forums, then that is their problem. That is not what I want E-budo to be known for.

I moved Koryu bujutsu up, so that the Budo/gendai arts can be grouped behind it. Koryu came first, so it deserves the respect.

John Lindsey
16th October 2007, 22:03
Don't forget that you can close up the forums groups you don't care about by clicking on the blue button on the far right of the group title.

trevorg
16th October 2007, 22:50
I appreciate that, its what I thought. Not a problem, just wondering. Thanks.

BTW, if the good bad and ugly is not what you want ebudo for, then why have it ?

Osu
Trevor

Woody
17th October 2007, 22:42
BTW, if the good bad and ugly is not what you want ebudo for, then why have it ?
Morbid curiosity??? :eek:

John Lindsey
18th October 2007, 01:56
You would have had to been a member way back around 2003 to understand why it happened.

It became obvious that there were quite a few people making claims that were not true. I decided to start a forum dedicated to the fakes, liars, and criminals. Then, we had to divide it into questionable claims, good budo, etc.

E-budo ebbs and flows with what I am experiencing in both the martial arts and real life. So, working in a war zone for 3 years has made me appreciate my martial training, while expanding it into real world warrior skills. I may train more with a sidearm than a sword, but I always go back to my roots and keep current.

I hold certain views on certain things. I am not as easy going as I used to be. I call a spade a spade, and head butt all the jokers. I don't have the patience to put up with idiots and ass clowns. I will listen and learn, but there comes a point where you simply waste too much time with people who obviously are not in touch with reality.

On a totally unrelated note, I don't advocate violence as an answer, I have learned that it sure as hell works wonders at solving those hard problems in which there are no options. It can also make things worse. So, we must have balance and a proper perspective. Still, there are some people in the world who deserve to be punched in the nuts till they cry. I have learned that you can't talk sense to Islamic Terrorists or 12 year old ninja masters. In terms of e-budo, that means hitting the delete key often. Luckily, we have a bunch of good members here.

Maybe my attitude will change in a few years and I will join a monastery and smell the flowers. Right now I need help clear out some weeds so that more sun can shine in.

Not sure if that answered your question, but it sure was fun to write it all down!

trevorg
18th October 2007, 08:40
Fun to read, too. Well put. After all, its your ball game and your ball.

From a personal perspective only, while I think exposure of bad budo is a good thing provided the facts are true, nevertheless once the ball is rolling it attracts all sorts of characters that perhaps wouldnt otherwise contribute in a meaningful way and it makes one wonder what their agenda is let alone what good it is actually doing and the impact it may have on the "victim's" personal life.

'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone' always springs to mind.

I just like making observations but in truth I do find myself getting sucked in when perhaps I should keep my counsel. (Memo to self; keep it shut).

Osu
Trevor

P Goldsbury
18th October 2007, 13:45
I just like making observations but in truth I do find myself getting sucked in when perhaps I should keep my counsel. (Memo to self; keep it shut).

Osu
Trevor

:rolleyes:

Best wishes,

PAG