PDA

View Full Version : One strike knock out

wadespanners
4th November 2007, 15:11
Just watched this small clip where this guy stone colds his student out with one blow to the neck it was pretty impressive and something ive never seen before is it possible and has anybody ever used it in a hostile situation and does it actualy work? http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqMD8i8OWGQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqMD8i8OWGQ)

Musubi Dojo
4th November 2007, 15:25
Looks like a brachia stun to me. It's taught to some police forces in PPCT courses, but it's taught using the forearm instead of a shuto so there's less chance of doing permanent damage to uke.

There's a video that's been kicking around on the web for ages showing a copper dropping a pimp with the same technique.

Just like anything else the technique is only as effective as the person using it.

Cheers
c

wadespanners
4th November 2007, 15:49
yeah i remember that vid just found it again jay lee 1 strikes a pimp :laugh: ouch heres the link to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv0-jlp_9aU well and trully owned ;)

Jitsumania
12th November 2007, 20:50
The attack is usually performed to the stomach 9 meridian point on the neck. If heart and lung points or gall bladder points are activated at the same time the strike requires considerably less force. The strike is much more aggrevating ( in terms of damage) when done with a shuto directed at a 45 degree angle (up or down) of entry, depending on the relative size of the opponent to your size. The strike with the forearm can be just as effective and achieves quick results! By the way, there is a much quicker way to revive after the knockout which is to strike the wake up nerve on the opposite side of the strike ( gall bladder points at the base of skull in the back of head around the end of hairline) with a mild to moderate slap in an upward direction). VERY ADVISABLE TO WAKE UP YOUR STUDENT QUICLY or it's possible there gonna have a nasty headache afterwards with possible nausea.

Duanew
13th November 2007, 12:26
PPCT banned instructors from showing that video anymore in training. The guy who did it is a cop. He used force, didn't report it and didn't arrest the guy. He was disciplined-can't recall if he was fired or what.

Duane Wolfe

Duanew
13th November 2007, 12:31
The attack is usually performed to the stomach 9 meridian point on the neck. If heart and lung points or gall bladder points are activated at the same time the strike requires considerably less force.

And all us dumb cops have just been hitting to the side of the neck with our forearms knocking people out long before Dillman and the rest of the "Death Touchers" discovered it and made it so complicated.

Duane Wolfe

MikeWilliams
13th November 2007, 12:55
And all us dumb cops have just been hitting to the side of the neck with our forearms knocking people out long before Dillman and the rest of the "Death Touchers" discovered it and made it so complicated.

LOL, that was exactly my reaction to Rick's post too. :)

Jitsumania
13th November 2007, 19:47
LOL, that was exactly my reaction to Rick's post too. :)

As a practitioner of the arts I resent being lumped into the catagory of a "Death Toucher", by inferance. This has a negative connotation, even though the term is tossed around quite a bit. Respect for others life, limb and spirit is critical in my philosophy toward others. Understanding the technical aspect of delivery and consequence of what we do should be important to all practitioners, no matter what the art. Should we be held in contempt or critisized because "we just studied a little more" the technicality of how and why? My belief is that "Simplicity is Mastry". Why use 5 strikes when one will do? My apologies if I have offended any one with this post. Just merely stating my view.

Jitsumania
13th November 2007, 20:08
BTW- http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/jitsumania/?action=view&current=MVI_0140AVI.flv

Preety common, simple, self defense using principles from Karate, Judo and Ju-jitsu. Oh yeah KO too.

Duanew
14th November 2007, 12:17
[QUOTE=Jitsumania;454216]As a practitioner of the arts I resent being lumped into the catagory of a "Death Toucher", by inferance. This has a negative connotation, even though the term is tossed around quite a bit.

Sorry if you felt "lumped". I wasn't directing my comment at or toward you. I was commenting on all those who have come since trying to make a simple thing complicated by trying to explain it in a esoteric and mystical way-ki,chi and all that stuff.
Example when you hit to the side of the neck (don't have my Dragon Society charts with me right now) you get an effect. But if you hang on to the wrist you get a better result because you pinched off a couple of other points. Horse Hockey-you get a better result because you hold the upper body in place or better yet accelerate it toward the strike just before impact. I believe two objects traveling towards each other quadruple the impact (trying to remember my accident reconstruction formulas).
For those of you who want to identify a point and give it a cool name and talk about wood, metal, earth and all that great whatever works for you. I like a simple hit here and you get this result.

Duane Wolfe

Duanew
14th November 2007, 12:20
BTW- http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j90/jitsumania/?action=view&current=MVI_0140AVI.flv

Preety common, simple, self defense using principles from Karate, Judo and Ju-jitsu. Oh yeah KO too.

Great stuff just remember to have your five assistants around to revive him.

DUane WOlfe

yoj
14th November 2007, 12:50
Knocking out a compliant uke isn't really much of an achievement, I'm not sure why such a fuss is made over it, I do happen to think that kind of showboating at the possible expense of the students health is unwarranted though.

Jitsumania
14th November 2007, 15:48
[QUOTE=Jitsumania;454216]As a practitioner of the arts I resent being lumped into the catagory of a "Death Toucher", by inferance. This has a negative connotation, even though the term is tossed around quite a bit.

Sorry if you felt "lumped". I wasn't directing my comment at or toward you. I was commenting on all those who have come since trying to make a simple thing complicated by trying to explain it in a esoteric and mystical way-ki,chi and all that stuff.
Example when you hit to the side of the neck (don't have my Dragon Society charts with me right now) you get an effect. But if you hang on to the wrist you get a better result because you pinched off a couple of other points. Horse Hockey-you get a better result because you hold the upper body in place or better yet accelerate it toward the strike just before impact. I believe two objects traveling towards each other quadruple the impact (trying to remember my accident reconstruction formulas).
For those of you who want to identify a point and give it a cool name and talk about wood, metal, earth and all that great whatever works for you. I like a simple hit here and you get this result.

Duane Wolfe

Mr. Wolfes comments regarding physiomechanics of certain strikes holds validaty as well. But, by the same token just because we don't believe in something does not always mean that it does not exist. There are many intangibles in life that cannot be explained. Therefore I respectfully reserve the right to agree to dissagree.

With regard to showboating comment by Mr. YOJ....that technique was done in the context of a seminar showing how Kyusho can be integrated into any style when needed. The uke was a Black Belt adult and consenting to the technique. Does it work in real life? Ask the assailant that was left unconscious in the parking lot of a Walmart in texas. He wanted to exercise his desire to overwhelm me with his large stature and muscle mass during an attempted assault because he was mad and I was handy. He was not a willing participant!!!
By the way, I hate fighting and will avoid it untill an assault is attempted. Negotiation is the critical element for peace and harmony between self and others. Violence is always the LAST resort.
In practice I never knock out a student, and pressure point striking practice is done in a very controlled setting with limited practice time and light taps to the points. When I teach this, I don't do it with beginning students by teaching them concepts of meridians, elements or cycles. I simply tell them--"hit here for this desired result"(usually just stun techniques early on then combos). The technicalities are taught to upper rank, especially when learning Tuite.
I always respect the candor and openess of practitioners who post on this forum and their thoughts and ideas. Even though I may not agree with all I am glad you are all here.
BTW Mr. Wolfe- you don't need assistants to revive, just one knowledgeable practitioner :).

yoj
14th November 2007, 15:57
Hi Rick, I wasnt talking explicitly about that clip, just in general, actually the first clip involving strikes to the carotid is in my view too dangerous to do even in a dojo setting, and yet it happens a lot it seems, it's not rocket science and it doesnt need finesse, so why so many ukes need to have one of the most vital parts of their anatomy struck with high levels of force is, quite frankly, beyond me.

Of course its a subject which requires study, and of course it will crop up in seminars etc. What I dislike is the hundreds of clips out there by various 'masters' proving their skills by rather flippant displays of knockouts.

Thats all ;-)

MikeWilliams
14th November 2007, 17:10
What I dislike is the hundreds of clips out there by various 'masters' proving their skills by rather flippant displays of knockouts.

I agree. Also, while there's now doubt a brachial stun can work, it's not a high percentage technique and you're just as likely to achieve the same result with a stiff right to the jaw or temple, IMO (and I would never bet on just one punch, even then).

Both the original clip and the clip Rick posted remind me a little too much of the MA circus - compliant, possibly suggestible ukes, artificial controlled environment, charismatic demonstrator, crowds of acolytes to assist, elaborate "resuscitation" rituals*. (Sorry Rick, I don't mean to sound disrespectful - that's just the way I see it).

Personally I would rather train the basics and get my delivery systems working efficiently rather than worrying if I'm activating "stomach 5" or "gall bladder 9" or whatever, but horses for courses...

On the subject of resuscitation - surely the corect thing to do is to make sure the airways are clear, place them in the recovery position and let them come around on their own? If they are unconscious due to a carotid choke or stun, they will come around quickly regardless of all the prodding and poking, and if they don't, all the prodding and poking won't help them - you need to call an ambulance or start CPR. This is just what I remember from my St. John's Ambulance course (and from being choked out, LOL) - I'm willing to be proven wrong if somebody can cite the medical references.

Jitsumania
15th November 2007, 01:57
I agree. Also, while there's now doubt a brachial stun can work, it's not a high percentage technique and you're just as likely to achieve the same result with a stiff right to the jaw or temple, IMO (and I would never bet on just one punch, even then).

Both the original clip and the clip Rick posted remind me a little too much of the MA circus - compliant, possibly suggestible ukes, artificial controlled environment, charismatic demonstrator, crowds of acolytes to assist, elaborate "resuscitation" rituals*. (Sorry Rick, I don't mean to sound disrespectful - that's just the way I see it).

Personally I would rather train the basics and get my delivery systems working efficiently rather than worrying if I'm activating "stomach 5" or "gall bladder 9" or whatever, but horses for courses...

On the subject of resuscitation - surely the corect thing to do is to make sure the airways are clear, place them in the recovery position and let them come around on their own? If they are unconscious due to a carotid choke or stun, they will come around quickly regardless of all the prodding and poking, and if they don't, all the prodding and poking won't help them - you need to call an ambulance or start CPR. This is just what I remember from my St. John's Ambulance course (and from being choked out, LOL) - I'm willing to be proven wrong if somebody can cite the medical references.

Which is precicely why my students learn the concept of "wave attacks which include atemi and kicking techniques with relentless intent and delivery. Sometimes the stiff right to the jaw or temple does not work how you plan it to. Mr. murphy strikes again!

Ok AM I supposed to pick up the first thug on the street that I find and invite him to a MA seminar and ask him to be as rambunctious and as violent as he can be so I or any other experienced Martial Artist can display or test a technique to prove its worthiness in my artificially created environment? Yeah- that sounds real safe.
My upper level Mudansha and yudansha and self do this type of sparring to test technique efficiency, MMA style with stand up and grappling cause we all know that sometimes it just goes to the ground and Mr. Murphy strikes again.
- BTW the first Martial art I trained in was street fighting (with no MA experience as a child, thats why I decided to study) in the South Bronx of New york in the most highly gang infested territory of the City at that time in the late 60's and 70's. Rule of thumb--fight or loose face, respect or worse.
Gimme the Dojo and my acolytes any day where proper and safe demonstration and information can be disseminated.
No offense taken

The delivery to these points is contingent on having a good mastry of your basics. Its like learning to shoot a handgun. The more you practice, the more proficient and accurate you become. "Strike efficiently, strike decidedly, strike relentlessly"

There have been very spirited debates both medical and esoterical about this topic as long as Kyusho has been around in the United States. Believe what you will. Why should I leave someone who is not a foe in an unconscious state until they eventually wake up, or have to call an ambulance when the knowledge is possessed to not let this occur.

Duanew
15th November 2007, 12:29
[QUOTE=Duanew;454256]

Mr. Wolfes comments regarding physiomechanics of certain strikes holds validaty as well. But, by the same token just because we don't believe in something does not always mean that it does not exist. There are many intangibles in life that cannot be explained.

Name three.

BTW Mr. Wolfe- you don't need assistants to revive, just one knowledgeable practitioner :).

BTW, Mr. Jitsumania I knew that. That was my point. Or you could just leave them alone and they will come around on their own without the aid of any ki, or chi techniques. But it always makes it look so much more impressive when numerous people rush to the aid of the hapless victim of Dim Mak so they can use their combined energy flow to quickly revive the downed party before there are any long term effects from the reverse ki flowage (in with the good ki, out with the bad ki, in with the good ki, out with the bad chi). Guess what? We're going to disagree...again.

I don't doubt you dropped the dude with good brachial stun- if cops can do it you certainly should be able to.

Duane Wolfe

"If you go looking for offense in others words you will most always find it."
me

Duanew
15th November 2007, 12:52
PS I forgot to mention the other reason the rescuers must rush in. If they don't get there quickly enough the subject revives on their own. My favorite videos are of those where the knockout doesn't even have any effect and the thumper feels the need to do the revival techniques on the thumpee-just in case.

Duane Wolfe

Jitsumania
15th November 2007, 13:53
As a point of clarification- the stun was naot a brachial stun but was done to three gall bladder meridian points on the forehead. If you notice as well, the Uke was quite unconscious (as in zero gross or fine motoric movement) and probably not going to wake up in the time frame that you may think.
This has been a spirited debate and have enjoyed sharing information with Mr. Wolfe and others on this forum. The beauty of this great country that we live in is that we are offorded the opportunity to have belief systems that differ and do not have to be penalized for it. It is not my desire to convert anyone on this forum as to any one way of thinking or believing, as that is closed minded and short sighted. We must all travel the paths that destiny has laid out for us and discover our own truths in life and practice of the arts.
May Gods blessings be upon you Mr. Wolfe and others on this thread and forum (which I love ). I am sure we will meet again on another thread and quite possibly on the same side of the fence on a different issue:)

Duanew
15th November 2007, 15:21
When I spoke of the knock out I was referencing the brachial stun from the first clip. Then I transitioned to the forehead hit. Sorry about not being clear.
Still waiting for my three examples. Why? Because that line gets quoted much and never challenged. It adds to the mysticism and mysteries of the universe while never answering the question. That is a tool of the charlatan. Next you will tell me that I apparently have not reach a level in my training or high enough mental development to understand the complicate concepts.

Duane WOlfe

Jitsumania
15th November 2007, 18:06
When I spoke of the knock out I was referencing the brachial stun from the first clip. Then I transitioned to the forehead hit. Sorry about not being clear.
Still waiting for my three examples. Why? Because that line gets quoted much and never challenged. It adds to the mysticism and mysteries of the universe while never answering the question. That is a tool of the charlatan. Next you will tell me that I apparently have not reach a level in my training or high enough mental development to understand the complicate concepts.

Duane WOlfe

Mr. Wolfe, the self deprecating comments stated in your post regarding levels of training or mental development to understand complicated concepts never flowed from this keyboard. I would never make such an insinuation of a seasoned Martial arts practitioner such as yourself with 30 yrs of experience in the arts. Nor would I care to insult the intelligence of someone who puts their life on the line daily to protect and serve the citizens of this great country. Are those issues that you struggle with internally? I am curious as to why you appear to be so offended by my posts. I, in my own right am a seasoned Martial artist as well with 40 Yrs of experience and hold Yudansha ranks in Aikijujitsu, judo, Aikido, Jujitsu and Tae kwon do (no mail order paper here, all by blood, sweat, maybe even a few tears and a lot of practice). As you can see I have practiced both hard and soft styles. I have been around the track a while. I was taken aback by the inuendo of charlatan for a mere esoterical rhetorical reference. Not once did I attempt to even insinuate anything negative about your point of view, style of practice, etc.
Mysteries are many, such as the debate of the existance of God for one. Prove to me that he (maybe her or it) either exists or does not exist Mr. Wolfe. Can you do this with 100% degree of certainty one way or the other? You can prove or disprove anything depending on what side of the fence you stand on and your relative point of view. Do a yahoo or google search for the other two, I am sure you will find many more to keep you occupied, entertained and challenged.

You wrote in one of your previous post the following:
"If you go looking for offense in others words you will most always find it."

Many are skilled at vailing offense through generalization because it always avails them a way out when confronted.;)
"Offense is usually not taken when none is offered"
me

"There is a principle which ia a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation"
-Herbert Spencer

Duanew
15th November 2007, 19:13
Mr. Torres,
I don't recall writing anything regarding me being or feeling insulted. I don't feel insulted in the least bit. I actually find the dialogue down right humorous. My point is based on my past discussions with proponents of these ideas. It goes something like this:
1. Declare that there any many things that are a mystery to man. Therefore this stuff must be real and it's a mystery.
2. When I continue with the discussion they then would tell me I didn't have the training time or knowledge depth to understand.
3. Next they would allude to some deeper psychological problem regarding my questioning.
4. It would then usually end in them telling me it was lucky I wasn't near them or they would show me their stuff.
I am glad that our conversation hasn't stuped to that low and predictable end. Look up the other two on the Internet......????? WOW-guess you don't have two more huh? Forget I brought it up.
Actually if you look around someone (don't recall who) scientifically proved that God does exist. No, I haven't read it to critique the logic, etc.
That would be metaphysical. I was thinking we would stay with the physical sorry for not making that clear. I assumed we were speaking of the physical martial arts or are you a proponent of the no-touch knock out?

Duane Wolfe

"In an argument the amount of passion is usually inversly proportional to the amount of facts."

Jitsumania
15th November 2007, 23:05
It was actually St Thomas Aquinus that wrote a thesis to prove the existance of God through the use of logical principal. Symbolic logic was applied to his thesis to test for error. Then in our current time there were a group of Scientists (physicists, Chemists, Biologists,etc)that were contracted to test the theory of Gods existance utilizing scientific method, to which they came to the "baffeling beginning" and concluded that all of this could not have been created without higher intelligence orchestration.
Even though I find our conversation humerous at times, as you do, I do believe that you are a man of integrity and are passionate about what you believe. That my friend is the heart of a warrior and a man of conviction, which I admire greatly. I for one choose to not get into pissing contests with anyone at this point in my life,(to damned old at 50 and tired) ergo no challenge will be issued,lol.. Besides you may kick this old mans ass and that would cause me to loose my acolytes because I would loose face and they would all want to study with you instead, including me.:laugh:. Too many bad kung fu movies in Chinatown as a child..:smilejapa

You touched on the issue of the no touch knock out and I would like to address that. I like things the old fashioned way, hands on all the way, which is why my first love is good old fashioned Ju-jitsu with solid atemi. I started studying Aikido a few years ago just to soften me up some inside and out,lol.

Can the no touch be achieved, I believe yes (have done some, don't anymore) but it is probably due more to suggestability of the uke, desire to please the sensei, not look bad in front of the audience, group effect, pre hypnotic suggestion, person wanting it to work, etc. I have yet to be knocked out by someone doing a touchless on me:) and a few have tried hard. I am a ceritfied Kyusho Jitsu Instructor through Jack Hogan's (one of Dillmans original cohorts) organization. Jack has a very strong Karate background and I respect him immensely. Will be with him this weekend on Saturday in Waco, Tx. I take from Kyusho what I need and leave the rest, which is what he encourages wholeheartedly.
My running joke in seminars is to tell the uke with the menacing look and knife in his hand to just stand there while I get my no touch going on so I can knock him out. There is no substitute for well placed hands on technique.
I am a stong believer in the physical shock effect to get your goal accomplised. I always tell my students there is no replacement for well embedded strong basic tecniques because those are the ones that will save your life. I am quite interested in the Style of Karate that you practice because if I remember correctly there are stylists of your branch of Karate that have competed in our Tournaments in Victoria. I believe the school is out of Corpus Christi and the Lead Sensei is also a Police Officer and quite a gentleman, but don't recall his name. Are you more Okinawan based or Japanese based in your background?
Please call me Rick. All this formality makes me feel like i'm back in Catholic School again visiting the Principal.

With regard to the original question in this thread, Yes one well placed hit can knock an assailant out depending on where you land it.

wadespanners
15th November 2007, 23:07
Wow i must say reading and seeing the repsonses i see that this is possible which myself i find very interesting to say the least and a lot of you guys and (girls) not to be sexist have perfected this art im sorry that i dont really understand death touchers etc, and realise that this is not a brag movement in dojos but as i see it if my family or myself came under hostile attack with no other option to use physical force i find to hit a attacker or other assailant (burgalar, mugger etc) to protect and defend this 1 hit movement which i dont no might take years to perfect by your posts there is multiple striking 1 hit points but which i must say if i was endangered or my family was id rather take them down with 1 hit rather than multiple strikes esp if they were armed just wish i was taught or could be taught with these skills :cry:

Duanew
16th November 2007, 00:01
[QUOTE=Jitsumania;454363]

Even though I find our conversation humerous at times, as you do, I do believe that you are a man of integrity and are passionate about what you believe. That my friend is the heart of a warrior and a man of conviction, which I admire greatly.

See now you really get me.:)

Besides you may kick this old mans ass and that would cause me to loose my acolytes because I would loose face and they would all want to study with you instead, including me

I wouldn't be interested- too much smoke from all the candles, wax dripping everywhere, the rising cost of candles......

Can the no touch be achieved, I believe yes (have done some, don't anymore) but it is probably due more to suggestability of the uke, desire to please the sensei, not look bad in front of the audience, group effect, pre hypnotic suggestion, person wanting it to work, etc. I have yet to be knocked out by someone doing a touchless on me:) and a few have tried hard.

Here is my experience with no touch knockouts. Just to test my theory one night I told my student about no touch knockouts. I then did the breathing/arm waving thing. He went pale, dry mouthed and felt nauseaus, nausueas, felt sick.
I then explained that I hadn't cone a darn thing. Thanks goodness I didn't tell him he was going to die first. Of course now I could have had a ki leak or a screw loose, whatever.
Why did it happen? In order to study with me you must believe in what I do. You must believe in my abilities. You must believe that at some point you will be able to do what I can do. You must believe what I tell you. Consequently what you believe will happen will happen. Instructors, not just martial arts, not just involving issues like no touch knockouts MUST be aware and careful of that fact. Some aren't aware, Some aren't careful. Some abuse it (not refering to anyone now).

I am quite interested in the Style of Karate that you practice because if I remember correctly there are stylists of your branch of Karate that have competed in our Tournaments in Victoria. I believe the school is out of Corpus Christi and the Lead Sensei is also a Police Officer and quite a gentleman, but don't recall his name.

There are a lot of schools teaching what they call Matsumura Kenpo. Our affiliated school would be in the Houston area (i think). Don't believe any of them are cops.

Are you more Okinawan based or Japanese based in your background?

Okinawan
Please call me Rick. All this formality makes me feel like i'm back in Catholic School again visiting the Principal.

Sounds like you may have some deep unresolved issues from your youth.:D

Duane Wolfe

Trevor Johnson
16th November 2007, 01:01
PS I forgot to mention the other reason the rescuers must rush in. If they don't get there quickly enough the subject revives on their own. My favorite videos are of those where the knockout doesn't even have any effect and the thumper feels the need to do the revival techniques on the thumpee-just in case.

Duane Wolfe

You're missing a reason.

If the rescuers rush in, they grant the "rescuee" attention, which is a positive social stimulus, and causes a sensation of reward (dopamine to the nucleus accumbens, speaking neurobiologically). What this can be used for is basic operant conditioning. You get K.O.ed, you recieve a reward. Over time, this leads to you essentially stunning yourself upon cue to get reward, and then eventually leads to Dillman and other evils. Darn them to heck!

Duanew
16th November 2007, 11:37
Great point. Never thought of it that way. I feel so validated. I may keep writing.:)

Duane Wolfe

Jitsumania
16th November 2007, 19:01
Wow i must say reading and seeing the repsonses i see that this is possible which myself i find very interesting to say the least and a lot of you guys and (girls) not to be sexist have perfected this art im sorry that i dont really understand death touchers etc,
and realise that this is not a brag movement in dojos but as i see it if my family or myself came under hostile attack with no other option to use physical force i find to hit a attacker or other assailant (burgalar, mugger etc) to protect and defend this 1 hit movement which i dont no might take years to perfect by your posts there is multiple striking 1 hit points but which i must say if i was endangered or my family was id rather take them down with 1 hit rather than multiple strikes esp if they were armed just wish i was taught or could be taught with these skills :cry:

Here are some thoughts about your post:

1. When you think you have perfected something, you really have not.
The study of Kyusho jitsu is not an ends to a means but mearly a tool to be added to your already existing arsenal relating to the field of the arts you practice......Never ever assume that you will stop your assailant with one blow. Many Martial artists have made that assumption and have meditated on their mistake from a horizontal position. If they drop after the 1'st hit, great, but what if they don't and you just pissed them off after hiting them in that one shot one kill meridian point ?!?!?!?! Better have plan B and C in place.

2. When confronted with a home defense situation I never take a stick to a gunfight. That is why I have a concealed carry license and have studied home defense scenarios and stress shooting principles, just in case. Simply amazing what a 9mm or 40 cal. can do in terms of persuassion or damage (their choice).
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Some people have asked me why I would carry a gun given my MA experience. I simply ask them why did Samurai carry Swords, and leave them to ponder that.

If you want to Learn Kyusho Jitsu find a certified Instructor (you can PM me for this). There are some people who go to a seminar or two, learn a few moves and all of a sudden they become qualified to teach this stuff. They do themselves and others a great disservice by instilling a false sence of security in relying on 1,2,or3 techniques. Ask about their credentials in the study of traditional or contemporary arts as the base for their Kyusho. Don't go into this just trying to learn one shot one kill strategies. I have been studying thisstuff for about 7 years and still have so much more to learn.

Good ole fashioned common sense will teach you thet the most powerfull attacks are the ones that follow the SAM principle. Attack with extreme predjudice Sight, Airway and Mobility for greater chance of survival in conflict.

Woody
17th November 2007, 04:33
I have been studying thisstuff for about 7 years and still have so much more to learn.
You have obtained some very impressive rank in that short time.

I hold Yodan Rank in Kyu Shin Ryu Aikijujitsu/Judo system, Shodan in Aikido, Sandan in Budoshin Ju-jitsu, Tae Kwon Do

Jitsumania
17th November 2007, 05:34
You have obtained some very impressive rank in that short time.

You have apparently misunderstood the post my friend. I have been studying Kyusho for 7 years, I have been practicing Martial Arts since age 10 and I am now 50 years old. You can do alot in 40 years with things that really interest you.;) No hidden credentials here, always available for scrutiny upon request. I can understand your apprehenshion because I would probably feel the same way if I read it that way also.

Jitsumania
17th November 2007, 05:48
At 7 years of study that would probably place someone at about nidan rank assuming shodan was achieved in 4-5 years. Rule of thumb for Yudansha is usually the amount of years of time in grade as the dan rank you are testing for.

Woody
17th November 2007, 20:34
You have apparently misunderstood the post my friend. I have been studying Kyusho for 7 years, I have been practicing Martial Arts since age 10 and I am now 50 years old. You can do alot in 40 years with things that really interest you.;) No hidden credentials here, always available for scrutiny upon request. I can understand your apprehenshion because I would probably feel the same way if I read it that way also.
Yes, I did misunderstand your post. Thanks for clarifying.