PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of the Warriors Power

MarkF
7th January 2001, 09:45
The other night on the Discovery Channel, I saw a documentary by this name about Chinese MA. While it did delve in to Boddidharma fairly well, the majority completely skipped the Chinese arts in Okinawa, and Japan. Early on, it spoke of THE Shaolin Temple, now and then.

Hard Chi Kung seemed to dominate the theme, ending in the Academy of Shaolin Kung Fu in Washington DC. While it mentioned the effect the revolution on modern day China had on the disappearance of much of it, bascically, it was stated in possibly two sentences, if that.

Anyone see it?

(You will please excuse my spelling and such, as I did try to take a few notes, but as one era went by, it was on to another, annoyingly quickly):)

scoundrel
8th January 2001, 05:59
Yet another lame, super-generalized documentary on martial arts. It should have been titled "A Vague History of Chinese Martial Arts". Other than a segment on Master Pan, not worth serious attention. It was unintentionally hilarious during some of its "reenactments" like the Shaolin testing chamber, or a master "shooting" his Chi at a target (complete with what looks like a laser blast shooting from his outstretched fingers).

MarkF
8th January 2001, 08:24
Yeah, I didn't want to mention that until I knew it was all right. That was an amazing "feet." The chi with the sword "through" the abdomen looked like the metal was made out of pewter, and could be molded like clay. The very least they could have done in exhibiting the chi, was what those in Taiwan did in pulling that bus a couple months ago.:D

Mark

MarkF
8th January 2001, 08:38
The testing room, etc., yes, that was the Hall of Wooden Men, which contained 108 *dummies! Of course, I completely forgot the demonstration of the "death touch" or Dim Mak. Even when talking about Pan, they immediately went to his bank account to mention how wealthy he was.

I forgot. It is "Master" Dennis Brown of the KF Academy in DC.:nin:

Mark