PDA

View Full Version : Questions I have..

Samick123
17th January 2008, 03:24
Some of my friends were granted licenses in 6 ryu-ha of Hatsumi-den Ninjutsu, including the Togakure Ryu. Some even reached shodan and higher. The teacher now claims that they never taught Togakure Ryu and that the licenses, which were signed are now void. Some of my friends have spent, literally thousands training with this particular martial arts instructor who was, from what I understand, granted permission by Hatsumi Sensei himself to license the 6 Ryu-ha in question. I also understand this this is apparently nearly unheard of for Hatsumi Sensei to do.

What does this mean?

Are my friends entitled to a refund? Is this ethical? The rank licenses are signed with the correct Kanji. I myself have training under this teacher and have signed licenses with the Togakure Ryu on them. Have I been swindled? Has the entire student base been scammed?

I am not looking to start a fight, but I am looking for answers. I believe there has been an injustice.

william northcote
17th January 2008, 07:23
going from the link in your signature one name pops up: Robert Bussey.

A quick e-budo search and it turned up this:

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37772&highlight=Robert+Bussey

So I dunno. Maybe. What is the name of your instructor?

Samick123
20th January 2008, 16:59
Ralph Severe is the instructor in question.

william northcote
19th February 2008, 09:54
just to bring this matter back up, Severe has poasted on here some time ago on his views on immigration ETC and the controlling of borders between Mexico and Texas. So my view of him is in the negative.

From what you have said I would go to Kutaki.org and ask the question on there. As that is linked to the Hombu of the Bujinkan, you can get a better answer than on here.

MikeWilliams
19th February 2008, 16:59
A search on Ralph Severe on here might yield some clues as to what he is licensed to teach (he used to be a fairly prolific member of e-budo).

You might get more answers by asking in the Ninpo section - perhaps one of the mods could move this thread there?

MarkF
19th February 2008, 17:21
Is this better? You have received good advice. Do a search here on the above-mentioned teachers. Seek and ye shall find.

Mark