PDA

View Full Version : Kobudo Seminar and European Cup Tournament

TimJurgens
17th January 2008, 15:33
All,

The Ryukyu Kobudo Hozon Shinko Kai will be hosting a Kobudo Seminar and European Cup Tournament in Odessa from May 5 to 10th this year. The delegation will include Akamine Sensei, the Association President, Yoshimoto Sensei, Shibu Dojo Cho of Kumejima Island and a Shihan, Paul Vermiglio Sensei, Shibu Dojo Cho of Liverpool and also a Shihan, myself a Shidoin, Setsuko Yoshimoto also a Shidoin, Valeriy Kussiy from Odessa, and two Nidan assistants from our Tokyo Dojo.

We are also looking at possibly having an event in Switzerland the week prior, and are working out the final details. I will post them here as they are confirmed.

I hope that people will be willing to come out to support this event. With 5 Certified Instructors and two assistants, we should be able to cover a lot of ground.

harleyt26
18th January 2008, 01:38
Hello Jurgens sensei,I wish that group was coming closer to Florida.I can't make it there this year but I sure would if I could.Is there a plan for the material that will be covered?How long might the seminars be each day?The Europeans are very lucky and I hope you have a good turnout,it is a wonderful opportunity for them to experience Ryu Kyu Kobudo from a large group of the best instructors available.
Tom Hodges

TimJurgens
18th January 2008, 14:38
Well I don't know if we are the best there is but we try to be the best we can be.

The schedule is being worked out, but most likely there will be two sessions a day.

The material all starts with the basics. Of course. Then we have the opportunity to break down into different groups as we have enough people there to tailor the lessons to different weapons and experience levels.

One of the guys coming is a professional videographer, and he will be brining his camera lady to film the events. He will then produce a DVD of what he films. As always however, video is good to remember what you have learned, it is not good to learn from scratch.

TimJurgens
22nd January 2008, 11:51
The Swiss portion will be hosted by Dell Hamby Sensei. He is setting up arrangements in his home town of Basel. We will be training on the 2nd and 3rd of May. There will be two training sessions each day, one in the morning and one in the evening 9-12 and 2-5.

TimJurgens
30th January 2008, 13:19
It looks like Skip Taylor will be adding his considerable talents to the events.

TimJurgens
17th February 2008, 12:36
The is a quick link to the event on our homepage at www.ryukyu-kobudo.com

TimJurgens
11th March 2008, 14:10
All,

The tournament format, rules, and time schedule is uploaded at
http://ryukyu-kobudo.com/events/events_snippets10.htm

Click on the .zip file for the Odessa event, or either the English or German documents for information about the Swiss event.

TimJurgens
17th April 2008, 16:11
Just reminding everyone of this event.

We are putting the final tweaks on our techniques to ensure we are all able to do our best at the seminar.

I would hate to have people doing kata with all of my mistakes in them so we are trying to eliminate as many as possible before putting them on the demonstration floor.