PDA

View Full Version : Clip Art - Public Domain

ZachZinn
10th February 2008, 21:44
Hi guys, so I am stepping out on my own for the first time, likely leaving the place i've been teaching, and renting some space.

I want to draw in more people, so with the help of my teacher I have a (rough) plan of how to go about it, what I need is some decent public domain clip art for brochures and flyers and such, does anyone know of such a resource?

Nii
10th February 2008, 21:50
I've always found clip art to be a meh kind of thing. It's more professional to just stick with photos and perhaps edit some of them to look more stylised to use as a background.

Joseph Svinth
11th February 2008, 05:14
Try Wikimedia. Everything there is supposed to be public domain.

One can also sometimes get lucky at National Archives.

trevorg
13th February 2008, 09:43
Hi guys, so I am stepping out on my own for the first time, likely leaving the place i've been teaching, and renting some space.

I want to draw in more people, so with the help of my teacher I have a (rough) plan of how to go about it, what I need is some decent public domain clip art for brochures and flyers and such, does anyone know of such a resource?

Good luck, Zach !

osu
Trevor

Jitsumania
13th February 2008, 16:04
I have also had some luck with yahoo on the images search. Lots of pics, giffs, jpeg's etc. on there. Good luck on your endeavor.

ZachZinn
13th February 2008, 20:46
Thanks guys, any sage words of wisdom for me?

trevorg
13th February 2008, 22:20
A number of tips were given in this thread

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38650

Osu
Trevor