PDA

View Full Version : Jutte

Hiding Crow
12th January 2001, 04:18
Does anybody have any comments regarding a source for GOOD jutte? I have looked around, and the only ones that seem any good is either the steel one from bugei.com, or the Kiyota company's "expensive" one.

Any thoughts?

Julian Straub

Brian Dunham
12th January 2001, 12:58
Try Tozando. I believe their jutte is the same as Kiyota's, but it's on sale right now for, I think, about $60. I ordered one, and although I think it's just a bit short, it is very nicely made.

Regards,

PghRonin
12th January 2001, 16:49
You can get the same jutte Bugei offers from Fred Lohman Co. for $75 (that includes shipping). The only difference is there is no cord wrapping on the handle.

Brian Dunham
12th January 2001, 18:00
Does anyone know the exact length of the Bugei jutte? They look pretty short in the catalog.

PghRonin
12th January 2001, 19:17
The people at Bugei told me the length is just under 14.5 inches. I see people saying that it looks short but the jutte was usually around 15 inches anyways.

Brian Dunham
14th January 2001, 00:19
I just measured my jutte from Tozando, and it is also about 14 1/2 inches. Then I looked at the Ikkaku ryu section of Pascal Kreiger's book (Jodo:The Way of the Stick). It says that the Ikkaku ryu jutte is 45cm. This is about 18 inches. However, the jutte being used by various people in the photos do not appear to be quite that long.

Regards,