PDA

View Full Version : Ninjutsu in India???

kinkartavyamood
26th February 2008, 15:37
Dear All,

I am a resident of India and am wondering how many authentic teachers of Ninjutsu do we really have in our country. :confused:
(Well, I know a couple of for sure.)

I did a search on this site and found that members like KENDOINDIA never returned to the thread when they were asked to prove their credentials.

I have another example of similar kind on some other site :

http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7859

I really would request Dr. Siddiq to prove his legitimacy here. (Since I know him through emails and do not want to see him picturized like this!!)

I have found some more people claiming to be teaching Ninjutsu (Of course First Time) in India :

1. http://www.indianninja.com
2. http://cyrusninja.qps.in

Does anyone know these people?

Well, recently I searched google and found a bujinkan dojo in Bangalore, India.
http://bujinkan.in And remember someone on e-budo has referred for Nikolaj (Instructor - Bujinkan India) for learning Bujinkan ninjutsu in India.

I understand that since ninjutsu is about stealth and sneak; many prefer to remain un-noticed. But to promote this art in India, we really need legitimate teachers and not self proclaimed goofs.

BTW, I know this person from Mumbai who claims to be a ninjutsu teacher. His name is Master M. J. Pillai. He claims to be world famous for his martial arts skills (Mostly kung-fu, chinese boxing, ninjutsu) and achievements. He is the founder of Meditative Martial Arts (Recently I found another name of martial art "created" by him KEIMOUDO. I have searched the whole web but did not find any references about him/his arts.

This is not an attempt to personally criticize anyone. Just trying to find authentic information from the Learned People on this site.

With the help of internet and computers, the whole world of information is open to anyone and everyone. I myself spend most of time searching information on martial arts history, practitioners around the world, dojos, etc.

Before anyone ask for my personal experience on this art :
My personal experience on ninjutsu and other martial arts is under Avinash Sensei (Mr. Avinash Subramanyam). I was learning under him for around a year and a half before I moved to another city. And as far as I know, he trained in Bujinkan Ishizuka Dojo - Canada.

Expecting lot and lots of comments on this post.
Eager and Curious
Rajat Palav

BigJon
26th February 2008, 18:00
Well the first link, it says "NINJA" in English on his uniform. I think he missed something at the last chunin meeting, :D The second photo with the katana, he has a patch that looks alot like the Genbukan patch...but its not. I couldnt explore any further...

Dale Seago
27th February 2008, 14:37
Well, recently I searched google and found a bujinkan dojo in Bangalore, India.
http://bujinkan.in And remember someone on e-budo has referred for Nikolaj (Instructor - Bujinkan India) for learning Bujinkan ninjutsu in India.

I know Nikolaj, he's a wonderful and sincere guy with excellent taijutsu. He was training in Japan the last two times I was there, and one of his students was in San Francisco briefly last year and trained with us.

I don't know who else is legitimate in India, but Nikolaj certainly is. He would probably be a good person to ask about other instructors in the country as well.

stormy
27th February 2008, 18:11
The first one is definitely cowboy although the second guy: http://cyrusninja.qps.in according to part of his extensive brief below says he's part of the Genbukan, can anyone here from the Genbukan confirm??, he's also done a couple of lessons under Hayes.

Quote"In 1993 he made the journey to Japan on invitation to meet and train under Soke Shoto Tanemura and Kancho (President) of Genbukan Ninpo Bugei World Federation and Kokusai Jujitsu Renmei to study Ninpo the higher order of Ninjutsu, at Genbukan Honbu Dojo in Saitama, Japan. He underwent a rigorous training in Ninjutsu , training daily 6 hours a day morning and evening for three months. He was promoted to First-Degree Sho Dan Black Belt in Kokusai Jujitsu and 3rd. Kyu in Ninpo Taijutsu ( Ninpo unarmed combat), 5th. Kyu in Hanbo Jutsu ( Stick arts) and 5th. Kyu in Biken Jutsu.(Bladed arts). He was also promoted to Dojo Cho and made the sole representative, and given license and affiliation of Genbukan Bombay Dojo to teach Ninjutsu in India."Unquote

As Dale has said, Nikolaj is the guy to go for, he trains regularly in Japan and often has guest instructors over to Bangalore.

blackdemon31
20th November 2008, 08:52
Stormy...it is true that Sensei Cyrus R. is a part of Genbukan. I am his student. I know the truth. My entire life I have been searching for Ninjutsu in Mumbai. One day i see Sensei's page and give him a call right away. I then go to his office and see many pictures of Sensei traingin with Soke Shoto Tanemura, haveing tea with Soke Shoto Tanemura, etc. I have been trained in Shotokan Karate and Taekwondo. Many of the Martial Arts sharre the same principle in blocking, striking, kicking, etc. But when I joined Ninjutsu, I felt TOTALLY WONDERFUL.. You will only come to know what I am talking about when you join Ninjutsu. I cannot explain it but The Silent Art(Nin-Jutsu), is indeed the MOST POWERFUL ART, according to me.

blackdemon31
20th November 2008, 09:02
kinkartavyamood,
Let me tell you what my Sensei has told me. My Sensei is Cyrus R. .Actually now we can call him Soke Cyrus Rustomji, because a few days back he got his Grandmaster Title from United States. So he told me that in India only Dr. Mohammad Siddiq, Nikolaj and himself are the known Ninjutsu Practisioners. My Sensei teaches in Mumbai, Dr. Siddiq teaches in Hyderabad and Nikolaj teaches in Banglore I think. None of these are fake. I have even met Dr. Siddiq too, he recently came to umbai from Hyderabad to attend My Sensei's new Dodjo's Inaugration. I met him, learnt many things, etc. He is Ninjutsu as well as Kendo Master. If you want proof mail me at black_demon_31@yahoo.co.in.

George Kohler
20th November 2008, 14:16
Stormy...it is true that Sensei Cyrus R. is a part of Genbukan. I am his student. I know the truth.

There are no Genbukan dojo in India at this time. You can go to www.genbukan.org and see that there are no entry for India. He may have been a Genbukan member at one time, but it looks like there are no Genbukan dojo-cho for India.

stormy
20th November 2008, 14:23
I know Nikolaj, he's a wonderful and sincere guy with excellent taijutsu. He was training in Japan the last two times I was there, and one of his students was in San Francisco briefly last year and trained with us.

I don't know who else is legitimate in India, but Nikolaj certainly is. He would probably be a good person to ask about other instructors in the country as well.

I'll definitely go with Dale on this one, Nikolaj is a good friend an excellent martial artist, the other two are beginning to look very suspect considering what George has already stated about Cyrus R, who made him Soke and of what?????

blackdemon31
23rd November 2008, 17:19
I'll definitely go with Dale on this one, Nikolaj is a good friend an excellent martial artist, the other two are beginning to look very suspect considering what George has already stated about Cyrus R, who made him Soke and of what?????

Why don't all of you people who have doubts come and drop by my Sensei's Dojo. I assure you that all of your questions will be answered. Go to cyrusninja.qps.in and you can get the address of the dojo. Arigato

powerof0ne
23rd November 2008, 17:56
Why don't all of you people who have doubts come and drop by my Sensei's Dojo. I assure you that all of your questions will be answered. Go to cyrusninja.qps.in and you can get the address of the dojo. Arigato

Why doesn't he (your instructor) contact the Genbukan to have him listed as a dojo cho for India, instead? It would save everybody the effort of coming to your dojo and also advertise him to people looking for Genbukan instruction in India...

blackdemon31
25th November 2008, 09:22
powerofone, you are totally right, but let me tell you, even I had doubts like how all of you have before, I joined his class. Later on after being his good student, he told me the reason why he left Genbukan membership. It is actually on a little personal level, so I hope everyone tries to understand this. Its very easy to sit at home and type crap all the time, its better that people who are still interested can always and are always welcomed to the dojo. Even I found out about my Sensei through the intenet. Even I had doubts like you all. But just sitting wont do any good, so I went there and exprienced it myself. I would advise only this. Arigato

stauburn
25th November 2008, 14:40
He sure has tons of "qualifying" credentials on his website. I not saying that he doesn't have some sort of skills but anytime I see anyone list Ashida Kim as one of their instructors I just cannot take them seriously....espcially when you go from Soke Tanemura to Ashida Kim