PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy O'Curry and the louisiana shiai

MarkF
12th January 2001, 17:38
Hi, Jim,
Just a note to inform you I moved this notice to the seminar and announcemt forum. It will receive more notice there.

Mark

jimmy o'curry
12th January 2001, 22:59
thanks, mark !

please excuse my breach of forum etiquette; my name is jeff slade. i've been using "jimmy o'curry" so long as a pen-name, i didn't even think about it . . .

jeff slade, a.k.a. jime okuri

swamp classic:

http://www.louisiana.edu/Student/Organizations/Judo

[Edited by jimmy o'curry on 01-13-2001 at 12:02 AM]

MarkF
13th January 2001, 07:08
Hi, "Jime" Slade,
I never made the connection. It just goes to show how deeply I think things through.:)

I'll leave this one up for those who don't normally check out the Seminar section.

Anything else, just let me know.

Mark

BTW: It really does look like a nice series of judo happenings. It reminds me of the old days, and the crowds who would come to the National Collegiate Championships, mostly at San Jose State (Calif.), or UC Santa Barbara. Some believe these shiai and seminars have stopped or are even non-existant, but they continue to attract many, some just to watch (although some included seminar-type activity, such as a speech from one of the "old guys" such as Karl Koiwai, MD, they were almost entirely shiai back then).

To all: Check out the link here. If one is looking for a nice time, this does at the very least appear to have something for everyone.

jimmy o'curry
14th January 2001, 04:03
the folks at the ull-lafayette club work hard to put on a good event.

jeff slade

[Edited by jimmy o'curry on 01-13-2001 at 11:09 PM]

jimmy o'curry
18th January 2001, 03:30
sensei reinhardt has added a more complete listing of La. events in the "seminar/announcements" forum.