PDA

View Full Version : what did he do?

Matt Wolfson
12th March 2008, 13:06
HEllo,
If you follow the link and watch the video, this man(ref) does some type of stun/knock out when he touches the persons neck at the 12 second mark. Is this sometype of bracial plexus stun? Seems the man is stunned/knocked out and there is no doubt in my mind it was legit. The ref goes on to give him an old school stomping, rather brutally I might add. I dont think I have ever seen such an effective "nerve pinch". Can anyone explain this?

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1205276907/Karate_Master_Interrupts_a_Fight_with_a_Brutal_Beatdown

Matt Wolfson

cxt
12th March 2008, 13:30
Guy didn't look "stunned" to me at all---looked like he was bascially caught off guard and pushed down-he seemed to me to be fully aware when then the kicking started.....surprised, but aware.

Could be wrong of course. :)

Matt Wolfson
12th March 2008, 16:10
Guy didn't look "stunned" to me at all---looked like he was bascially caught off guard and pushed down-he seemed to me to be fully aware when then the kicking started.....surprised, but aware.

Could be wrong of course. :)

He looked out/stunned to me. he seemed to be pretty much limp when he hit the floor.
matt wolfson

trevorg
12th March 2008, 17:14
It was also discussed on this thread:

http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38235&highlight=brachial+stun

Osu
Trevor

MikeWilliams
12th March 2008, 17:26
I can't tell whether he was stunned or merely surprised when he dropped after the first blow - but he was definitely knocked out cold by the kick to the face.

The video is disgusting - the "ref" deserves to be in jail. Anyone know the backstory?

Oh and by the way that website is NOT SAFE FOR WORK!! (just a warning)

cxt
12th March 2008, 18:03
Matt

Still does not look "stunned" to me---unless you mean "stunned" that the guy grabbed him and threw him down like that. ;)

cxt
12th March 2008, 18:06
Mike

Gowing by memory--since I'm not opening it up at work.

But it looked to me like the ref called "break" or something like it--the guy in white dropped his hands and turned around--like he was going to his corner when the guy in black attacked him from behind........which is when he got bashed.

I could not make out the words--if there was any sound with it.

Don't know...hope somebody has the backstory. :)

Matt Wolfson
12th March 2008, 19:13
Matt

Still does not look "stunned" to me---unless you mean "stunned" that the guy grabbed him and threw him down like that. ;)

Having watched it again. it sure does look like the ref head butted him when he grabbed him by the throat. Whether he was out from the head butt is debatable, If we where to take a vote on it I would say, the way he feel sure looked like he was out to me. could be wrong. I missed the headbutt the first time which is a testiment to my observation abilities..... It looked like the guy in white through a lead hand punch at blue after break was called and then walked away. It appears the ref did not see this but only saw the guy in blues retaliation where he was attacking white while he was walking away. Each time I watch it, it looks more and more like a criminal act and hope the ref was dealth with by the law.

trevorg
12th March 2008, 19:15
Sorry, my mistake it wasnt the same technique.

Anyway, just disgusting in my view.

Osu
Trevor

Dick Mineo
13th March 2008, 04:24
Watched it several times with a magnifier.
I agree with most here - there was no special touch or pinch.
The kid went down due to the suprise and timeing of the ref's pulling him backward as he was beginning to move back on his own.
I believe he fell mostly due to his trying to abide by the ref giving a signal to back off, then the ref went ahead and pulled him off balance.
That was already over doing the call to go to his corner. Kicking him then stomping, should put that man in jail.

How do these guys get into the position of teaching or grading competitions ?

Freeking amazing !

shoshinkan
13th March 2008, 09:24
the ref clearly grabbed, then butted the guy from the side, thats what put him down.

trevorg
13th March 2008, 09:45
Yup, it goes so fast but that's clearly it - a headbut.

Osu
Trevor

trevorg
13th March 2008, 16:12
It seems this occurred quite some years ago and the ref was a goju teacher called Isao Nakumura. It is discussed in 2004 on a thread on karatethejapaneseway. A link suggests that the guy in the white gi was his younger brother and which offers some weird explanation as to why he stepped in the way he did.

Here is the full fight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdg6CBd64s&feature=related

Osu
Trevor

Dick Mineo
13th March 2008, 17:40
Seeing it with an even larger picture shows the head but all right.
Still though.
Tempers do get carried away when sparring like that. First the guy in white threw a cheep shot after the call, then the guy in blue threw another cheeper shot after that. Neigher one of those attempts made contact so there should have been points deducted, but there is still absolutely no reason for the ref to do what he did.
I still can't figure out why no one seemed to react toward the ref.

Any way - guess we all know now that there was no magic touch or grip involved in the poor kids KO.

TonyU
13th March 2008, 19:37
Deleted; Sorry.

Chris McLean
14th March 2008, 04:33
What did he do? He struck the man at the base of the skull at the back of his head. That is why strikes to the back of the head are illegal in boxing they are so effective. There is a nerve cluster there that is a very effective knock out target. Could be he struck him with the bladed bone of his forearm that is what I use for that technique learned it in Shorin-ryu.

But what he really did was clearly assault and battery I dont care what the back story is he should be facing his day in court against asault charges. Poor example of a karate master caught on tape.

Moenstah
14th March 2008, 09:46
Technically speaking, I liked the take down and finish off. But in my opinion, he should have taken him down and just planted a foot on that fellow's chest and warned him. Especially the head stamping was way out of line.

shoshinkan
14th March 2008, 10:50
It was all way out of line wasn't it?

In the footage it is clear that it was a hard fought contest, with both guys giving as good as they got.

Im thinking the ref had a favorite and he wasn't winning so he got fed up and saw red, technical term - a nut case.

technically it was a street styled attack, natural, and ouch that must have hurt!

Chris McLean
15th March 2008, 06:31
Initialy it was a contest between two competitors in a bare knuckle contact sport so what some one may have gotten hit hard it was all aggreed to when they faced each other in the ring that does not in any way justify what the criminal did out of rage. The contestants where face to face when contact was made in the contest.

The victim of the rage fueled attack didn't even see it coming. The victim was technically unconscious on the ground when the attacker delivered the mawashi geri. This resulted in complete unconsciousness to the victim while completely unconscious the attacker delivered a potentially lethal kekomi to the victims head. IT’S A FELONY CRIME! He is not a referee or a karate master at that point he has become a criminal.

I am sure the state can find an expert witness to testify about the potentialy lethal blows delivered by this criminal.

Moenstah
15th March 2008, 09:25
I am sure the state can find an expert witness to testify about the potentialy lethal blows delivered by this criminal.

Any blow might kill. Suppose someone has a low blood pressure or any other hidden medical deficiencies? For example: an acquintance of mine hit someone with a lowkick (not full force). Accidentally, it slipped beneath the pad and the blow landed on the thigh. The partner had to be sent to hospital for a major internal haemorrage. Over there, a liter of blood was removed.

Does anyone know whether the referee got charged (apart from the penalty inflicted by his organisation)?