PDA

View Full Version : Swedish (Karlstad) Gasshuku

Ade
20th April 2008, 07:30
Dear All

Gassho

Just about to leave the hotel to start day 2 of the gasshuku here in Sweden and just thought I'd update you all as to just how fantastic it's been.:)

If you've never been here you need to come, the people, the country, the training - where do I start.:D

I will post proper thanks when I get home but it is one of the best events I've ever been to, (and I've been to a few!);)

The instruction from Morikawa Kazuhito sensei, his brother Morikawa Hirohito sensei and Mikado sensei has been truly excellent, I just can't wait for more.:cool:

One tip though, if you are planning on coming buy duty free at the airport as beer is a fiver here!:eek:

Speak soon.

Kesshu

Panu Suominen
21st April 2008, 11:47
Damn, even though I tried to be fast, Ade was first to praise this training seminar. :)

I am known to be very negative person, but this time I have to say that this camp was truly excellent. Only thing I am sorry for is that I did not have skill and energy to socialize more.

Michael_Smith
21st April 2008, 14:48
Dear all

Gassho

An awesome weekend! I'm currently recovering and reflecting on the whole experience and it's a sensory overload.

The tuition from Morikawa Kazuhito Sensei, Morikawa Hirohito Sensei and Mikado Sensei was fantastic. So much was covered and in great detail.

I would also like to thank Anders Sensei for event and his instruction, Andreas for interpreting and everyone at the event for being so welcoming, I was the only UK kenshi in my group and felt instantly comfortable.

Only thing I am sorry for is that I did not have skill and energy to socialize more.

Panu, I think you being to hard on yourself, although that dark shading around your left eye may have scared people :D It was good training with you again - you have left a lasting impression of kai shin zuki in my mind.

Domo arigato

ken70
21st April 2008, 15:01
Nice gasshuku?
Please, I would like to see a lot of pictures!! :cry: :cry: :D

Kari MakiKuutti
21st April 2008, 15:27
Panu, I think you being to hard on yourself, although that dark shading around your left eye may have scared people :D It was good training with you again - you have left a lasting impression of kai shin zuki in my mind.
Knowing Panu he probably left the impression directly on your head?:laugh:

Michael_Smith
22nd April 2008, 09:38
Knowing Panu he probably left the impression directly on your head?:laugh:

Gassho

and my chin....and my ear...and my eye....:cry:

Domo arigato

Nina
22nd April 2008, 15:43
Yes, it was a great gasshuku, thanks to all who helped to make this happen.
I still have a catchy tune from this `march`, does anyone have the text of it?

N. Schweizer

The Dude
22nd April 2008, 20:41
Thanks to all attending for a great weekend and of course special thanks to Anders Pettersson Sensei and the Karlstad Shibu for organizing yet another great Gasshuku! Very good kihon and waza practice. And nice to have some gakka too.

Nice floor in the training hall as well!

Picture showing Pontus Liljeqvist Sensei (Stockholm Studenter) giving Anders Magnusson (Stockholm Södra) some air time. In the background Kazuhiro Morikawa Sensei and Hirohito Morikawa Sensei. Picture by Magnus Gustafsson.

/Johan Mjöberg
Stockholm Studenter Branch

sheb
23rd April 2008, 16:23
I did enjoy this gasshuku also a lot.

I'm interested in the origins of the "march-thing". I suppose that it has originally nothing to do with Shorinji Kempo, right?

Anders Pettersson
23rd April 2008, 22:45
Gassho.

Thanks to all that attended, I had a really good time with a lot of good friends that I unfortunately not see that often.
Looking forward to see you all at another event.

I still have a catchy tune from this `march`, does anyone have the text of it?
Yes I do, will try and see if I can post it here later.

I'm interested in the origins of the "march-thing". I suppose that it has originally nothing to do with Shorinji Kempo, right?
Well if it has another origin I don't actually know, but in the "old days" (way before my time) they used to sing the "hochou" when the different groups of kenshi lined up outside their ryokan and ran as a group up to Hombu to participate in gasshuku/koshukai.

I used to do it a lot when I practised in Rakuto doin and we ran to Butokuden (the old dojo at Kyoto Budo center) on Mondays (Rakuto doin rented the Butokuden to get a bigger space once a week).
Nowadays it seems that not many kenshi knows it, but I think that most senior instructors still knows it.

/Anders

sheb
23rd April 2008, 23:40
yeah - the good old days ... ;)

I like it really - a thing that should be done more often in my view. Could be seen a little bit as military, but it's very rousing(?) and impressive ... and it also makes fun.

ken70
19th June 2008, 11:10
Here is the 'march', on YouTube : strange video (http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=umdsYn2Ekz8)! :D

Nina
19th June 2008, 11:47
Ahh, thanks for the link! :laugh: