PDA

View Full Version : Bujinkan Houston Dojo Moving

m harper
23rd May 2008, 14:17
Monday June 2nd we will be moving to Kid Fit near Jones and West road, 1 block north of Randall's shopping center. It is a Martial Arts School and Day care. We will be training from 7:15 to 10:15. We will also be able to have seminars on weekends.
This Wed the 28th of May will be our last day at Gymnastics USA. It has been over 20 years at the gym and It has served us well. I hope we have another 20 at the new location.
Mark

George Kohler
23rd May 2008, 15:22
Mark,

Wow, has it been that long? I remember John Lindsey teaching everyone how to make fire with sticks at the front entrance.

Good luck!

m harper
23rd May 2008, 20:14
Hi George,
Yes we had some fun at the gym. The first seminar we did there was April of 89. Unfortunatly she sold the property to the company next door so it will no longer be a gym but a storage place.
The big problem is I have kids that started years ago that show up on summer break thinking we would still be there and now we will move down the street. Oh Well they will have to track us down.

George Kohler
23rd May 2008, 20:33
lots of kids use myspace, so maybe set up a myspace account for the dojo.

Kevin Geaslin
27th May 2008, 00:13
Good luck at the new space. It seems like just yesterday we were cleaning up hundreds of leather practice shuriken scattered across that place!

kakuma
27th May 2008, 01:03
WOW!!! 20 years. I can't believe it has been tha long... or I'm that old now. I remember that time too George.

I wish you the best Mark. I'm sure it will be a great success!

m harper
28th May 2008, 01:16
At the last OFB Joseph brought 10 sets of leather shuriken that he had left.
They sold out fast.
It is nice hearing from old friends and training partners. It sure has been a long time since we started at this location.
I did set up a my space, or I should say my son set one up for me. We will see how it works.

m harper
9th July 2008, 21:59
So far I have gotten 2 friend requests from young single girls looking for a good time. I guess my students did not think to look on my space yet. Maybe when school starts up again they will find where we moved. It has turned out to be a great place to train and much cooler then the old gym. It used to get so hot in the summer the bars in the back would sweat:)