PDA

View Full Version : Updated look

George Kohler
2nd July 2008, 16:29
I hope everyone likes the updated look. Also, everyone's name will show under their username. :D

Brian Pettett
2nd July 2008, 17:53
Don't really care for it; buttons look kinda sickly. Thought my monitor was going out this morning. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but liked it more before the change...

t.matsutaka
2nd July 2008, 19:24
I like the new style. The color scheme is very comfortable. A good upgrade, thank you.

Brian Owens
2nd July 2008, 19:25
I was a little worried at first; I thought I'd lost the blue channel on my screen.

Then I saw the Bu icons next to threads and realized a change had been made.

Over all, I like it. (For those of us whose user name and real name are the same, the header line does look a bit redundant, though. :laugh: )

Prince Loeffler
2nd July 2008, 19:40
It looks good ! Now someone has to redo the ebudo banner to match the color scheme.

DokanDojo
2nd July 2008, 20:05
I like the new look!

drosera99
2nd July 2008, 22:04
I like the change. It's very martial-artsy.:D

Maro
3rd July 2008, 00:48
It's a bit too bright for my eyes.

X_plosion
3rd July 2008, 01:39
I was pleasantly surprised when I logged on. Very nice new look. :)

Kevin Geaslin
3rd July 2008, 03:59
Looks great! I thought I'd hit the wrong page for a second. Pleasant colors.

Jitsumania
3rd July 2008, 04:50
Nice look, kinda miss the blue but like the look overall. Thanks.

Ewok
3rd July 2008, 05:09
Would be nice to make the names optional - doesn't look that great for those with their full name as the username.

JL.
3rd July 2008, 12:43
The colours aren't too pleasant for me, I preferred the old look. But it's always good to see that a page is being worked on (since nothing's ever perfect!). And I think the user names are an improvement, it'll save a lot of trouble pointing the rules out to newbies.

Jan

MikeWilliams
3rd July 2008, 17:41
I'm not feelin' the new look at all, I'm afraid.

I think it's the baby-poo background in the body of the posts. Maybe that should be white? (As I type this, I'm typing in a white field, with various hues of beige/brown as borders - and it looks a lot cleaner than the finished post will).

User names are definitely an improvement, and should make e-budo a lot more welcoming for n00bs. I've always hated how the first reply 80% of people see to their first post is "sign your name! it's the rules!".
The new duplicate usernames do look a little strange for those of us who don't have kewl internet handles, but I can live with that. :)

khatheCh
3rd July 2008, 22:18
Though I've been little time in E-budo, I noted the change... for a moment I though my computer's color set was messed up.

I like it, it's much lighter and natural :D

fifthchamber
4th July 2008, 00:59
I like it...Does this mean we can remove our names from the signature line then?
Regards.

ZealUK
4th July 2008, 01:37
Sorry, but I'm not keen.

The big 武 with the rising sun is pretty tacky I reckon.

Josh Reyer
4th July 2008, 05:49
IMO, the ideal color scheme for a budo site would be:

kendogi blue
hakama black
bokuto brown
judogi beige
steel gray
Gempei red and white

Right now, the color scheme seems "Desert Ninja". I imagine I'll get used to it.

Kevin Geaslin
4th July 2008, 05:56
don't forget about "gunto green"!

P Goldsbury
4th July 2008, 08:18
The best improvement is having the poster's real full name under the user name. Given the forum rule, this will make the job of moderators much easier.

As for the colours and BU over the Hinomaru, I am sure we will become used to them.

PAG

william northcote
4th July 2008, 09:16
As one of the resident idiots on this site, I must voice my opinion in sound with the occasional beep to make sure everyone can hear it. So here goes...

Ooowieee arrrh blip booo hrhrhr yarr zing flar blip beep.

Translation:

Nice color, very Star Trek: TNG for my liking.

It may rub off on me, but that is another matter best not stated openly on a forum like this. :D

Anders Pettersson
4th July 2008, 10:29
Would be nice to make the names optional - doesn't look that great for those with their full name as the username.
That is not possible, at least I don't know how to do it. What we now have is that I just added the profile field with the real name in the template for each post. Haveing a conditional to check if that field is the same as the user name, might be possible, but it requires a little more skills than I have.

I'm not feelin' the new look at all, I'm afraid.

I think it's the baby-poo background in the body of the posts. Maybe that should be white? (As I type this, I'm typing in a white field, with various hues of beige/brown as borders - and it looks a lot cleaner than the finished post will).
On my desktop the color looked OK, but on my laptop it sort of looked pink. I will look into this and see if can change it a little.

For those of you who didn't know, e-budo used to have a color scheme with different brown colors in the early days. For some reasons they got lost after an upgrade to a newer version. So this is an attempt to get back to that.

/Anders

william northcote
4th July 2008, 11:07
For those of you who didn't know, e-budo used to have a color scheme with different brown colors in the early days. For some reasons they got lost after an upgrade to a newer version. So this is an attempt to get back to that.

/Anders

Does that mean we have to put up with ACAMAC again?:cry:

MakotoDojo
4th July 2008, 19:30
Overall, I like it!:cool:

Robert Reinberger
5th July 2008, 19:27
... For those of you who didn't know, e-budo used to have a color scheme with different brown colors in the early days. For some reasons they got lost after an upgrade to a newer version. So this is an attempt to get back to that./AndersHi Anders,
I don't know for 100%, but I'm pretty sure that I have used the original e-budo color scheme when I started my small German-language "Budoforum" (http://p102.ezboard.com/bbudoforum) in 2001, and I haven't changed the colors since. Therefore, while there is nothing interesting there regarding appearance, style or features (it's a pretty old style forum) at least you'll find there in all likelihood the color-scheme used by e-budo in 2001, if you are interested.
Regards,

william northcote
6th July 2008, 09:55
May I ask why my name under my login name is spelled wrong?

Either that or I need better eyes and a brain.

Ron Beaubien
6th July 2008, 15:01

Perhaps it is because that is the same way your name was typed into your public profile when you registered?

Regards,

Ron Beaubien

Brian Owens
6th July 2008, 21:13

Perhaps it is because that is the same way your name was typed into your public profile when you registered?
Yep.

You can change it by going to your User CP, clicking on "Edit Profile," and then editing the "Full Name" field.

I'll be nice...this time. :laugh:

MikeWilliams
7th July 2008, 13:12
Aah, that's better - the posts are white rather than brown now. :)

Maro
8th July 2008, 00:40
It's ok in the Afternoon but too bright to read pre-coffee.

DDATFUS
8th July 2008, 03:47
I suppose that I find the new color scheme somehow more restful for my eyes. And the rest, I think I'll get used to. But oh, how I hate change...

stanley neptune
9th July 2008, 22:16
I like it a lot!!!!!!!!!

Stanle Neptune

Bod
11th July 2008, 10:12
It's OK but I doubt it will increase the post count. May I suggest merging some of the subforums? Although every post can be moved to a neat little box it kind of kills off cross-fertilisation. Why not merge all of the Baffling Budo subforums for instance.

Lump all Karate together.

Stick Judo and Aikido together.

etc.

At the moment I have to search all over to find something to spark my interest. Also I'm less than likely to post in say the Aikido forum, which means that my idiotic comments cannot provoke words of wisdom from those who know better.

Of course the lower my post count the better chance of me keeping my job, but still, it would be great to see e-budo thriving again.

william northcote
11th July 2008, 17:49
Of course the lower my post count the better chance of me keeping my job, but still, it would be great to see e-budo thriving again.

you mean you like work more than e-budo?

Heathen. Kill the heretic.

:laugh:

MikeWilliams
11th July 2008, 18:16
Hi Adrian, nice to see you back on here again! How's life treating you? Fancy a beer sometime?

Merging some of the forums is actually a good idea, and would definitely help make e-budo seem busier. (Although I only ever really browse by using the "new posts" button anyway, which means I end up sticking my nose in all sorts of places I have no business being in.)

Bod
17th July 2008, 09:37
Hi Mike!

I'm up for a drink. How about tomorrow night (Friday 18th July 2008)?

To everybody else: I know this should be done on P.M. but anything to increase activity on the board (and up my post count ;) ) must be a goodthing right?

william northcote
17th July 2008, 12:42
I would join you if for 2 reasons:

1. Too far
2. Will be up in the North East.

Bod
17th July 2008, 15:06
How do 1 and 2 differ in substance?

Also you forget

3. You once (on this very board) implied a knowledge of what my girlfriend did and did not wear in bed. Your bed. You can't be sure whether you have been forgiven yet.

william northcote
17th July 2008, 17:00
Did I?:eek:

Must have been some time ago. If it was before 2005 I will have no chance of remembering. Some days I find it hard to remember what I did last week.

yoj
20th August 2008, 12:20
Some days I find it hard to remember what I did last week.

check your logbook?