PDA

View Full Version : Dillman and Hogan

Simon Keegan
28th July 2008, 11:35
Apologies if this has been addressed before, can anybody tell me who the teachers of George Dillman and Jack Hogan were?

Prince Loeffler
28th July 2008, 12:27
Apologies if this has been addressed before, can anybody tell me who the teachers of George Dillman and Jack Hogan were?

Hello Simon !

According to this site: http://www.dillman.com/about.asp

Dillman began serious martial arts training in 1961 with Harry G. Smith. He went on to study with Daniel K. Pai, Robert Trias and Seiyu Oyata. Dillman has always considered himself a student, never a master of the martial arts. To this end he and his students have traveled throughout the United States to meet and train with various martial arts experts.

Simon Keegan
28th July 2008, 12:57
Thanks Prince, my Google Jutsu is obviously weak today

Prince Loeffler
28th July 2008, 16:55
Thanks Prince, my Google Jutsu is obviously weak today

No problemo mate ! I am a self proclaimed ten dan in google ryu...:D:D:D

kenkyusha
28th July 2008, 21:32
No problemo mate ! I am a self proclaimed ten dan in google ryu...:D:D:D
There is a thread in the Lounge... you can be legally recognized as a 10th dan in googleryu :D

Be well,
Jigme

Simon Keegan
29th July 2008, 08:56
In my style of Google Jutsu (Yahoo-Ha Google Ryu) it goes up to 15th Dan but some say that 11-15 are just phases of 10th Dan, but I'm just a white belt with a red Tab key.

Jitsumania
29th July 2008, 15:57
Jack (Hogan) has told me that his introduction to Kyusho came from Dillman. Jack was associated with Dillman for many years and was a close friend and affiliate doing seminars together along with other Dillman Black Belts per his report.
Here is Hogans site: http://www.jackhogankarate.com/

Raul Perez
1st August 2008, 13:18
He didn't have as much interaction with Oyata as many would believe. A few seminars he attended and then some photo shoots for some magazines to help promote Oyata's art. Most senior Oyata students say Dillman came out of left field and faded just as quickly.

Duanew
10th August 2008, 15:13
Oyata stated in one of the magazines that Dillman was never his student. That he only attended several seminars. Dillman also claimed to have recieved a "secret scroll" from Hohan Soken who he also never trained with. Add all that to the rest of is claims.

Alan McDonnell
3rd September 2008, 07:58
Can anybody tell me who the teachers of Simon and Dave Keegan were?

Prince Loeffler
3rd September 2008, 21:06
Can anybody tell me who the teachers of Simon and Dave Keegan were?

Mr Mcdonell ! This thread is about Dillman and Hogan. Please ask your post in a different thread !

Alan McDonnell
3rd September 2008, 22:30
Dear Moderator you have my sincere apologies, and I thank for your suggestion

Alan McDonnell

stormrider
8th July 2009, 02:25
in the past Mr. Dillman had been photographed( and supposedly promoted with the following)
Takazawa Masano ( KeiShinKan)
Shimabukuro Kichiro (Isshin Ryu)
Soken Hohan ( Matsumura Seito)
That is why many of the Okinawans that I have known will beg off on photos with people outside of their associations.
Many times to solve the problem of suspected claims, the addition of a senior student in a photo can confirm or deny the claims of an individual.
There have been times in the past when Kise Fusei( My sensei) was asked to have a photo taken with some one out side of KenShinKan, he would ask for one or more of us to be in the photo with him and the requester......most times there is no problem.....but every now and again......the requesting person takes it pretty hard and express there un happiness.
By the way back in the 1970's , I was a member of the Keishinkan, and had witnessed Mr. Dillmans ploy first hand.

Judokax8
15th August 2009, 15:00
George Dillman started in judo in about 1960 in Reading, PA. not far from my hometown. I started judo in 1967. By the 1970's he was all over Black Belt magazine with his Dim Mak art.

His claims have been the topic of literally hundreds of threads on the internet.

Peace

Dennis

Patrick McCarthy
17th August 2009, 07:24
By the 1970's he was all over Black Belt magazine with his Dim Mak art.

I'm sorry, this is simply not true.

His claims have been the topic of literally hundreds of threads on the internet.

With good reason, too...this is very true.