PDA

View Full Version : Seminar DVDs

TimJurgens
12th August 2008, 14:47
All one of my friends kohai dragged a bunch of video equipment to Basel Switzerland and Odessa the Ukraine in order to film the seminars that Yoshimoto Sensei and Akamine Sensei put on while they were there. If you are interested he is selling the finished product at http://www.rocketjapan.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_4

I have seen it, and I have to say that the bald guy doing the translating sucks. Oh wait that is me....

The Swiss DVD has mostly Japanese, English, and German.
The Odessa DVD has Japanese, English, and Russian
The tournament DVD is mostly kids.

This would be of some value to anyone who has attended one of seminars put on by the Okinawa dojos. It is not meant to be a definitive explanation of proper technique, but rather a capture of the teacher's presentation of those techniques to the best of their abilities at the time of the seminars and in the circumstances surrounding the seminars. That being said I think some of the information will be useful to many people out there.

For the record, I am not making anything off of this. It is just an attempt by Natsuno-san to cover his expenses for the travel and production of the DVDs. If it looks like he is starting to get rich I will ask him to establish a travel scholorship for people to travel to Okinawa.