PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 28th September 2008 South Coast All-Grade Seminar

Ade
7th September 2008, 13:54
Dear All

Gassho

Details of the BSKF planned event as per the calendar can be found here (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=25688896191)

For those of you without access to Facebook (and the 21st century) the details are:

Sunday, September 28, 2008
Time: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Street: University Road
City/Town: Southampton, United Kingdom

Description
Another one of the much vaunted South Coast All-Grade Seminars.
Hosted at Southampton University from 10am - 1pm lead by Sensei Mizuno and members of the Senior Instructors Group.
Costs £7 for adults, £5 for students and £4 for juniors it also counts as a black belt course so is part of the mandatory attendance required for elligibility for further dan grading.

The event is also young person friendly with all ages welcome, though for those very young there will be breaks and a mini self organizing creche run at the back of the hall, (so littlies bring snacks, sandwiches, drinks and games etc.) :smash:

As usual there will be a social event with food at a local pub, the now famous Crown Inn in Highfield home of the famed Crown Inn burger with chile and egg.
Miss this miss out...be there or be square etc.:beer::toast::cool:

Kesshu

Ade
11th September 2008, 12:24
Dear All

Gassho

The seminar will still run from 10am - 1pm on Sunday 28th September 2008 in the old sports hall on the bottom level of the main student union building in University Road, Southampton.

However; we have got rooms available, the multi-purpose studio and the judo room available from 9am for those who want to get there earlier and train longer.:eek:

Please let us know if you're coming we have to give the pub an estimate on food.

Thanks

kesshu

Ade
20th September 2008, 15:15
Dear All

Gassho

All costs of this course will be subsidized by the BSKF members savings account, there will be no cost to any member of the BSKF/WSKO attending.:D

Kesshu

Ade
29th September 2008, 15:08
Dear All

Gassho

Good course attended by 66 kenshi of all grade up to 4th dan and 6 members of the SIG.

Topics covered were mainly clarification on some ambiguous techniques with multiple variations confusing the teaching.

Sensei Mizuno taught nage and ukemi in the judo room.

Afterwards we all went to the Crown Inn and tried something called beer :toast::beer::D

Can't wait for the black belt course in London Sunday 26 Oct 2008 :D

Miss it miss out!

Kesshu

Steve Williams
29th September 2008, 21:16
Topics covered were mainly clarification on some ambiguous techniques with multiple variations confusing the teaching......

I wasn't confused (since I was supplying one of the variations ;) ) but I was in various stages of pain when Jee sensei showed me a more "hokei" application :eek: .......