PDA

View Full Version : Pic in my signature

Ryu
25th January 2001, 05:01
If anyone would like me to remove my sig picture of M. Kimura, please just tell me. I like using it, but do not want to bother anyone, and have had a few complaints about such things on another board.

I will gladly remove it if it is an eye sore of any kind.

Thanks

Ryu

MarkF
28th January 2001, 00:43
Hi, Bill,
Sorry I haven't replied lately. I've been kinda busy.

Why would anyone have a problem with a picture of Mas. Kimura? If the problem was one of loading time, and that's just a guess, I don't have a problem.

Now, if you loaded all 6000kb+ of that MPEG of the Kimura Vs Gracie match, then that may slow things down a bit.

Your problem may be in people thinking you are him. You're not, are you?

Mark

Ryu
28th January 2001, 03:34
Mark,
I am. :D

Haha, no.
Well actually there was some people on Mousel's a while back that complained it took up too much space.
So I figured I'd ask if anyone found it irritating or not.
Doesn't look like it so far, so I guess Masahiko is here to stay. :)

Ryu

Neil Hawkins
30th January 2001, 00:34
Bill,

Maybe you should put a title under the pic. I think quite a few people think it is your own photo, there were some comments somewhere recently about you being japanese, that must have come from the picture.

There's a lot of non-judo practicioners here that may not know who Kimura is let alone what he looks like.

Neil

Ryu
30th January 2001, 05:26
Neil,
That's a good idea. I think I'll do that now.
I have to admit though...it was cool to be mistaken for Mr. Kimura. Oh well, nothing lasts forever. :D

Ryu

MarkF
30th January 2001, 08:44
That's nice, actually. I had originally been given information, or at least more than I knew at the time at Big Sky Judo at University of Montana. Good accurate history site. http://www.bstkd.com/judo.htm .

Mark

"Compared to what we ought to be, we are half awake."
- William James From Daigaku Judo Dojo at University of Montana