PDA

View Full Version : Live Kusarifundo Now Available

Matt Stennett
15th September 2008, 21:49
See http://www.jinenkanseigi.com/kusarifundo.htm for details and ordering info.

http://http://www.jinenkanseigi.com/images/Kusarifundo%20Mod2.jpg

No one that we have found in the world makes a quality kusarifundo (weighted chain - A.K.A kusari fundo or manriki kusari) that is actually meant to be used, so we at Jinenkan Seigi Dojo have started to make these as well. Scroll down for some reviews from satisfied customers.

Don't be fooled by cheap imitations that have weights made of cast pot steel and chains with open links - those will never hold up to actual striking, and can be dangerous to their user when they unexpectedly come apart and send steel parts flying out of control. The painted finish on many of these begin to chip away with the first hit, looking very poor and exposing the bare steel to corrosion. Even the length on most of these is too short, unnecessarily limiting the reach and effectiveness of the weapon. These have been made to the same dimensions as Manaka-Sensei's own personal kusari fundo, with the exception of his nine-sided tapered weights (they were simply to costly to produce that way).

Our kusarifundo weights are made of extruded hexagonal cold-rolled steel. The blind-pinned connection between the weight and the chain makes for a flush and unobtrusive fit, and the pin is rated to a double shear yield strength of 1,800 lbs. The chain we use has each link individually welded together for strength, and has a yield strength of 1,080 lbs. They are finished with a black oxide process, which is a chemical reaction that changes the surface of the steel itself to a black color that won't chip or flake off, and provides substantial corrosion protection as well. The standard length is 28.75", and each fundo (weight) is 2.75". These can be shipped (assuming they are legal to buy in your area) anywhere in the Continental United States for an additional $6.00, and most of Europe for $25.00. Email me at sales@jinenkanseigi.com for purchase instructions and shipping information.

Kusarifundo $35.00 each

Please note that in most states carrying a kusarifundo would be considered possession of an illegal concealed weapon, and in the event you ever were to use the kusarifundo, it most likely would be considered "assault with a deadly weapon". Jinenkan Seigi Dojo and the JinenkanTM assume no liability in the legal aspect of owning a kusarifundo - it is the BUYER'S responsibility to check all state and local laws and adhere to them. These are not weapons, are not made to be used on any living creature, and are only intended to be used against inanimate targets. They are made as training tools for Classical Japanese Martial Arts. These training tools can cause serious injury if used improperly, so they should not be used without proper instruction.

Reviews

Excellent craftsmanship. Way beyond my expectations. Not just a training tool but also a beautiful work of art. Mr. Stennett you are a master craftsman with the Kusari Fundo. Looking forward to future orders. Have a great day and Thanks.
- Jose, Shodan

Mr. Stennett,
I received my kusarifundo last night. I raced home after work/class and there it was! I'm very pleased with it. You did a great job! I'm looking forward to learning more about it and honing my skills. Thanks so much for holding on to my email to include me in the order.
- Eric
Stennett-Sensei,
I received my Kusari Fundo and to be honest it's more that I expected. Outstanding craftsmanship.
- Allen
Hi Matt,
I wanted to let you know that I received my kusarifundo and am very impressed with its quality. After we spoke months ago and you told me that a new run of kusarifundo would not be produced for approx. 6 months, I went to Home Depot, bought a length of chain and searched for iron or steel weighted ends. While I could have manufactured a usable weapon, the welded link chain sold at Home Depot is far too heavy for effective kusarifundo use, therefore the flight speed and dynamics of the weighted end would be greatly impaired. The weight of the chain that you have used is ideal. The weapon is easy to use. In fact, students at my dojo asked if it was made of plastic (partly due to its finish and partly due to how easily it could be handled). Also,...... receiving your product in a matter of days was certainly appreciated. I wish you continued success and certainly agree that these are the finest kusarifundo manufactured in the U.S.
- Chuck Caffarella, 6th Kyu, Bujinkan Boston Dojo