PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Federation 30th Anniversary

Anders Pettersson
20th June 2000, 11:34
Gassho.
Just to inform everybody again.

On September 2nd - 3rd, we will have a training camp and Embu taikai in order to celebrate that it was 30 years since the first Shorinji Kempo branch was founded in Sweden.

You can find more info on the Swedish Federation homepage: http://www.shorinji-kempo.org and you can also directly download the official invitation at http://www.shorinji-kempo.org/30ar/invitation_sskf_30th_anniversary.pdf .

Although the official "last application" date was 15th of June, we still accept applications for participation for some other weeks.

For instructors we will have:
Arai-sensei, 8 dan Seihanshi, Shorinji Kempo Hombu.
Aosaka-sensei 8 dan Seihanshi, Chief instructor in France.
Mizuno-sensei, Seihanshi 7 dan, Chief instructor in Great Britain.
Morikawa-sensei, Seihanshi 7 dan, Doin-cho in Rakuto Doin, Kyoto.
We have also been promised that the sons of Morikawa-sensei, both 6th Dan and winners of All-Japan Embu taikai 6 times, winners of the -97 International Taikai, etc., will come to the training camp. We will also have some other high ranked Japanese kenshi from Rakuto-Doin.
From Kyoto we will also have as our guest Mitsubayashi-sensei 6 Dan and Doin-Cho of Sagano-Doin.

Don't miss this opportunity to practice for some really great instructors.

Kesshu.

Anders Pettersson
President
Swedish Shorinji Kempo Federation

Anders Pettersson
24th July 2000, 23:23
Gassho.

Just to inform everybody that even the last date of application was 15th of June we still can accept applications.

We have also got confirmation that apart from the instructors mentioned above, the sons of Morikawa-sensei will come.
There will also be some other high ranked kenshi from Rakuto doin, two female kenshi, Yamawaki-san and Kazuya-san both 5 dan and also Hiroshi Kawashima-san, Daikenshi 5 dan.

We have also received confirmation that Mitsubayashi-sensei, 6 dan from Sagono-doin in Kyoto, will come.

We look forward to meet everybody at this Training Camp in September, and once again, if you haven't applied yet, you can still do it for another week or so.

Anders
<A href="http://www.shorinji-kempo.org">www.shorinji-kempo.org</A>

Steve Williams
6th September 2000, 20:24
Hi Anders

The Swedish 30th anniversary was a great experience.

Thanks to you and your organising "team" for such an enjoyable, informative and painful experience (for me anyway).

I hope that the Swedish kenshi had as good a time as us "foreigners".

I hope to see you all soon.

Anders Pettersson
10th September 2000, 13:01
Gassho.

During the weekend of 2-3 of September the Swedish Federation celebrated its 30th anniversary. There was about 170 kenshi in total attending.
Instructors at the training camp was, as mentioned in the above posts; Arai-sensei, Aosaka-sensei, Mizuno-sensei and Morikawa-sensei. Unfortunately Mitsubayashi-sensei had to cancel his trip to Sweden due to work just a week or so before the event.

We also had 6 kenshi from Rakuto-doin as our guests, including the two sons of Morikawa-sensei. Kazuhito Morikawa and Hirohito Morikawa both 6 dan and winner of the All Japan Embu Taikai 6 times, winner of the International Taikai in 1997 also helped out in instructing and gave demonstration of their Embu.

Most kenshi, of course came from Sweden, but apart from Sweden and Japan we also had kenshi from Finland, France, England, Scotland, Italy, Germany, even a Polish kenshi came (he is member of a branch in Finland but now lives in Poland).

I think everybody that participated had a good time and learned a lot from the different instructors.

During Saturday afternoon we held Embu Taikai and demonstrations, this was a very good time for us to show other people in Sweden what Shorinji Kempo is. The Embu Taikai was attended by quite a lot of people. During this event we also trid to gather money to an organization called "Rädda barnen" (Swedish branch of "Save the children", an organisation helping children all over the world), since the entrance was free we encouraged visitors to instead give some money to this charity.

Steve has given his view on the event and it would also be nice to hear from others that participated.

Anders
<A href=”http://www.shorinji-kempo.org/">www.shorinji-kempo.org</A>

Mäki-Kuutti Vesa
16th September 2000, 20:30
Gassho Anders

Thank you for the camp, hope more power also in future to go on your good work.

Some Kenshi asked for the results of the embu taikai, have you thought about publishing them. I am not sure if it is a good idea, but asked anyway.

Maybe we should instead open a discussion of how to make a good embu. That would give people motivation to Paris next year. I think the lection of Morikawa brothers was Ok of embu, but maybe some people missed things.

Can you put some of the camp pictures in your swedish homepage for us to vacuum out, maybe. How about a video of
the camp.

Domo Arigato !

Steve Williams
16th September 2000, 22:34
Just thought that I would comment.

The idea that we used for technical training, wheras the sensei's each teach one group for 1 or 2 techniques and them we have a "run around" to change groups after 15 or 20 minutes works really well.
We tried it at our 25th anniversaty last year and it shows that this method is very good, it keeps everybodies attention fresh and a lot is learnt.

Any other thoughts ??