PDA

View Full Version : Roof organisations for Kobudo and Karate

tgall
22nd November 2008, 22:31
Hello,

what are the roof organisation for kobudo and karate in okinawa? Which ryu-ha are organized in which organisation? And im wondering about the organisation for the World Tournament "Okinawa Dento Karatedo Shinkokai " I m missing the Kobudo in the name? How does it comes?

Sincerly

Thomas Mayer-Gall

TimJurgens
13th December 2008, 03:49
Tom,

There are a number of Renmei in Okinawa. There is no direct mapping between Ryu-ha and Renmei. Each Renmei will have members from different Ryu-ha.

Our Ryukyu Kobudo Hozon Shinko Kai is a member of a couple of Renmei. I believe we are in the Zen Okinawa Karate and Kobudo Renmei as well as another Okinawa wide Kodubo Renmei, the name escapese me. We are also in a Renmei of dojo in the Tomigusuku area.

Regards,

Tim

Shikiyanaka
13th December 2008, 12:45
The following statistics I have prepared back in 2005 based on a dōjō-list supplied by the 2003 Okinawa Karate-dō Kobudō Sekai Taikai Executive Commitee.
As the list itself was produced in 2003, some of the adresses, affiliations, persons, etc. may have changed. Furthermore, the list most likely give the most important dōjō, without counting all possible double and multi affiliations and all shibu-dōjō, as Tim already mentioned. E.g., Shiroma Katsuo is counted correctly under Matsubayashi-ryū, but is not individually counted among Ryūkyū Kobudō, although he is one of the seniors of the Ryūkyū Kobudō Hozon Shinkōkai. Therefore, the real number of dōjō and affiliations may be estimated somewhat bigger.

Shikiyanaka
13th December 2008, 14:16
Sorry, just noticed the pics are too small. Here's the data as pdf.
It's viewing only. :eek:

Shikiyanaka
13th December 2008, 14:34
Sorry, too big this time. Be back tomorroow,no time left... :cry:

Shikiyanaka
13th December 2008, 14:54
Now, this should work.

TimJurgens
13th December 2008, 16:24
Excellent work Andi.

Any plans to travel to Okinawa this year?

Timo
13th December 2008, 17:55
Hello gentleman.Would there be any information available that tell's us which groups joined the new Okinawa Dento karatedo shinkokai?and representitives from each renmei,rengokai who have been selected as directors on the new board.

Todd Lambert
14th December 2008, 07:30
Hello gentleman.Would there be any information available that tell's us which groups joined the new Okinawa Dento karatedo shinkokai?and representitives from each renmei,rengokai who have been selected as directors on the new board.
The kaicho is Okinawa Prefectural Governor Nakaima Hirokazu. The fuku-kaicho come from the four major organizations: From Zen Okinawa Karatedo Renmei is Senaga Yoshitsune, from Okinawa Karatedo Renmei is Hichiya Yoshio, from Okinawa Karate Kobudo Renmei is Shima Isao, and from Okinawa Karatedo Rengokai is Goya Hidenobu.

Timo
14th December 2008, 08:35
Thankyou for this information Todd san.From vice presidents would you know if there is one chairman and one vice chairman?

Shikiyanaka
14th December 2008, 15:13
Excellent work Andi.

Any plans to travel to Okinawa this year?

Thanks Tim, always good to be kept motivated.
I will arrive on Kokoro-Island on Sunday, 17th of May at 10 am or so, and leave Saturday 13th of June. This makes about 4 weeks, and so time is quite limited, but I hope to be able to train kind of every day. At least this is the goal.
I probably gonna check in at Lohas Villa on Sunday and than check what's up in Tomigusuku. I am looking very much forward to the trip and meeting and training w/you guys again. And you need to take me to the 5-kinds-of-vegetables-soup shop again, that was delicious!

BTW, last week I did a two hour power point presentation at the local library, about 15 people attending. Okinawa history, culture and martial arts. Did some Enbu w/bo, sai, tunfa, too. All well received.

Will meet Dell also, together with the German guys in Berlin in February 2009.

Todd Lambert
25th February 2009, 07:48
The homepage for the 2009 Okinawa Traditional Karatedo World Tournament (http://www-edu.pref.okinawa.jp/karate2009/en/index.html) is up now.