PDA

View Full Version : Kyoshi Masayuki Shimabukuro training video set

Mike Shook
20th June 2000, 15:53
I have an opportunity to pick up the full seven tape set of "Samurai Sword" with Kyoshi Masayuki Shimabukuro on MJER Iaijutsu. Have any of you seen, heard about, or used this series of training videos ? What's your opinion on them ?
Thanks
Mike Shook

John Lindsey
20th June 2000, 16:50
Is this the panther video series? Generally, I think Panther videos are ok, but they spend a bit too much time doing slow motion repeats....

Carl Long
21st June 2000, 19:57
Buy them! And then find an instructor who can help you through the rough spots in your training. I've seen these tapes help A LOT of people who are interested in Iaijutsu. Sensei also has another video available at this time that is not associated with Panther Productions. If you want more info drop me an e-mail

Carl Long

Gil Gillespie
24th June 2000, 23:32
The only Iaijutsu training aid I use more than these videos is Shimabukuro Sensei's book, "Flashing Steel." As Long Sensei just cautioned, FIND A QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR. I am fortunate and grateful to learn MJERI from Shimabukuro Sensei and Carl Long Sensei. Always use books and videos to AUGMENT your instruction.

Without a doubt obtain these videos and Shima Sensei's book. But never relent in your pursuit of a qualified MJERI Sensei. Good luck and train joyfully.