PDA

View Full Version : Translator(s) Wanted

kouryuu
29th January 2001, 06:39
Ok, its come down to this... :D

I am getting seriously overflowed with translation work and need someone to pass off the overflow to.

The work is Japanese->English, in the form of Microsoft PowerPoint slides that are used for presentations by speakers at international conferences in Tokyo. The speakers represent some of the biggest companies in Japan including NTT (Japan's national phone company), Mizuho Securities (formerly the Industrial Bank of Japan), Anderson Consulting, and many other well-known companies. The content of the presentations is largely related to the telecommunications industry.

Presentations range in length from 10 to 40 slides and are usually assigned with 1-2 weeks notice. Deadlines are firm. The translator should be familiar with PowerPoint (or be a quick learner) as layout is just as important as the translation itself (slide layout must often be adjusted to accomodate English, as English words/sentences are longer than Japanese for the most part). Finished work must look good and be ready to go to the printers. Presentations can be downloaded via web or FTP and can be submitted by email or FTP when completed.

Compensation will be 1,000 yen (approximately 10 U.S. dollars, depending on the exchange rate) per slide and will be paid at the beginning of the month for work completed during the previous month. (To give a general idea of the workload, I usually complete 6-7 slides per hour.) In case of someone working outside of Japan, I suggest PayPal (paypal.com) as the payment method.

Interested parties should have a firm grasp of reading written Japanese (this is not a practice-Japanese lesson, it must be quality work) and will be required to complete a trial presentation of about 10 slides in length.

Anyone interested in this opportunity should contact myself at either of the addresses below (graycastle.com is undergoing some DNS changes which may affect email - if that is the case you may send to the kkinterface.co.jp address). Please include a summary of your Japanese language skills and/or a sample of any previous translation work.

(anti-spam formatted addresses: :) )
admin at graycastle dot com
or
admin at kkinterface dot co dot jp

Thank you.

Bishamon
29th January 2001, 09:39
Shawn,

I sent you a mail earlier from my work address but it got bounced 3 times because the attached files were too large (Powerpoint prezzies :) )--please let me know if my 4th one arrived at the kkdirect address.

Thanks,