PDA

View Full Version : Greg Palmer (E-Budo member - Keikai)

Howard Quick
30th November 2008, 22:33
It's with great sadness that I inform fellow forumites of the passing of Greg Palmer (user name 'Keikai').
I was informed of this yesterday.
Greg has had heart problems for quite some time and I guess they eventually got the better of him.
Greg was a great guy, down to earth and a gentleman. He will be sadly missed.

Hissho
30th November 2008, 23:31
R.I.P - Condolences.

George Kohler
1st December 2008, 20:54
Condolences to his family and friends.

Neil Hawkins
2nd December 2008, 00:47
Thank you Howard, you beat me to it.

Sensei Greg Palmer was one of only a handfull of instructors under Jan De Jong and was my friend and teacher for more than twenty-five years.

I recently heard him described as a "teachers' teacher", he was by far the best jujutsu technician I have ever met, and had the ability to see how a technique should work and show you how to apply it efficiently (and increase the pain exponentially!).

He was generous with his time and was always prepared to help others. He will be sorely missed by all who trained under him.

He had heart trouble for many years and had been ill recently, but was still teaching in the week prior to his passing.

The funeral will be held next Monday (8th December) at 1130hrs at the Karrakatta Cemetry and will be followed by a wake at Greg and Sheryl's.

Anyone seeking further information can contact me via PM.

Neil

X_plosion
3rd December 2008, 04:24
Rest In Peace Mr. Palmer.

Condolences to his loved ones.

john_lord_b3
9th December 2008, 05:59
I am very sorry that I am late to hear this news.

Mr. Palmer will surely be missed, not only in Australia but also here in Indonesia, where he has made good friends amongst Indonesian Jujutsukas during his visits in the 1980s, especially with Mr. Prayitno, who was also a friend and student of the late Jan de Jong Shihan.

In all my times in E-Budo, Mr. Palmer has been kind, helpful and very encouraging. He is also very knowledgeable, and I benefitted a lot from his wisdom.

I will pass this very sad news to his friends in Indonesia. Hawkins sensei, could you please PM me the current address of Mr. Palmer's family? So that Mr. Palmer's friends in Indonesia could send their cards and letters to express their condolences and pay their respects to the family.