PDA

View Full Version : Boston Samurai Arts does not teach Nami Ryu

Ren Blade
6th February 2009, 22:19
I am bringing to everyone's attention that my dojo Boston Samurai Arts and myself Walter Wong are no longer attached to James Williams and Nami Ryu Aiki Heiho.

Boston Samurai Arts will still operate as a school of samurai arts but not to teach Nami Ryu Aiki Heiho. I have no interest in training or teaching Nami Ryu and that art is completely absent from my dojo. What I will be teaching will be what I learned of concepts and movements from my background in other martial arts I have been training in since 1989. Also under the guidance of Dale Gunderson I bring to my art and dojo elements of Toyama Ryu and Yagyu Ryu. And in some of the exposure I had to Eishin Ryu Iaido I will be drawing some elements from that art as well. I do not currently have a name for what I am teaching but will just call it Samurai Arts for now. What I teach is different from Nami Ryu from this day forth.

I will be looking to bring in sensei of different koryu and classical arts to conduct seminars that will be open to the public at my dojo as well to further our development in the arts.

This announcement is also to let you know that if you are interested in Nami Ryu you will not find it at my dojo.

My dojo website is temporarily down for changes and will be up as soon as the changes are made. I am still conducting classes at:

141 Pleasant St.
Malden, MA 02148

Fridays 7:00pm-9:30pm
Sundays 1:30pm-4:30pm

My contact is 617-470-4468 renblade2000@yahoo.com

Regards,
Walter Wong
Boston Samurai Arts

Shawn Dormishev
14th February 2009, 04:44
when did this happen.

BlackPaladin
14th February 2009, 12:38
As a business consultant, I have to say that was a very discrete and classy way to sever professional ties.

I have a client in Boston, who is also my half-brother, who does marketing.