PDA

View Full Version : World Taikai 2009 - take 2

Rob Gassin
5th March 2009, 13:20
How many of you will be attending?

PeterL
6th March 2009, 01:23
How many of you will be attending?

Never really thought about it. But out of curiousity can you just decide to "attend" (and join in the Taikai)?

Rob Gassin
6th March 2009, 01:29
Never really thought about it. But out of curiousity can you just decide to "attend" (and join in the Taikai)?

Please explain.

I personally intend to attend the taikai as a spectator but then participate i the study session.

Cheers,

colin linz
6th March 2009, 21:38
I still haven't decided. It is looking very much like I won't be going, as I will be teaching. There are only two of us that can teach this area at the required level, so it is proving difficult to find a replacement.

It's a shame as I would like to attend this one. Building stronger ties with Indonesian branches would be of great benefit to Australian and Indonesian branches.

The terrorist activity there doesn't worry me greatly.

PeterL
9th March 2009, 06:17
Please explain.

I personally intend to attend the taikai as a spectator but then participate i the study session.

Cheers,

I meant do you need to "qualify" for example in my case "win at the national taikai" to join in the actual taikai (in case you haven't guessed I don't hold much hope for that :cry:)

I think for some delations like Australia, the intention to go would probably make you the defacto Aus representative so I was just wondering if you (foreign kenshi overseas) hold a national taikai to see who represents you or do you just say, hey I would like to go and you can join/compete in the taikai.
(I don't know how it works here either... I do know that now that I am dan-level the odds of me winning any Taikai in Kagawa are pretty slim - ;)

cheers

Peter