PDA

View Full Version : Heading Home

TimJurgens
21st April 2009, 04:40
All,

After 17 years in Japan it is time to get back home and connect with family. I will be moving back to Mankato Minnesota on the 28th. I hope to be teaching Shorinryu Karate and Ryukyu Kobudo soon after that. If anyone is in the area please stop in for training, conversation, or just a coffee.

Regards,

Tim Jurgens

TimJurgens
20th May 2009, 04:00
I have worked out an arrangement with Mankato Martial Arts at the bottom of Madison Avenue in Mankato Minnesota. I am teaching Shorinryu, as learned from Akamine Sensei, and Ryukyu Kobudo as learned from Akamine Hiroshi, Third President of the Ryukyu Kobudo Hozon Shinko Kai in Tomigusuku Okinawa.

As always the door is open, and anyone is welcome to stop by. If you are currently doing Kobudo, you should check with your teacher to make sure visiting is Ok with them out of courtesy. Those that can stop by are welcome to watch, join in, demonstrate, or discuss as they would like.

Prince Loeffler
20th May 2009, 04:38
Congrat Jurgens San ! Wishing you the best in your new dojo.

Sanseru
21st May 2009, 17:38
Welcome back and best of luck in the new dojo.

FFMAC
22nd May 2009, 20:48
Best of luck coming back home and getting settled. I am sure it will be different for awhile but what you have gained in Okinawa will be a great benefit to your students.

TimJurgens
26th May 2009, 14:00
So far things are going well. I am working with the Manakto Martial Arts school on Madison Avenue and will become a minority owner of the business side of it. The students there are mostly TKD, but they are showing interest in switching to Shorinryu and are interested in the direct connection I have with our Hombu Dojo in Tomigusuku and Akamine Hiroshi Sensei. For my part all I can do is teach as well as I can and try not to forget too much of what I was taught. Support from friends and this forum is helpful.

Regards,

Tim