PDA

View Full Version : Yagyu Shingan Ryu in Columbus, GA

Juan Perez
30th May 2009, 06:20
Instructor: Duke Meade
Lineage: Sato Kinbei Sensei
Style(s): Yagyu Shingan Ryu, Asayama Ichiden Ryu and several Chinese Internal Arts

Duke Meade
7th April 2010, 12:07
My new web site address is: www.liveoakdojo.com

Ron Beaubien
7th April 2010, 13:39
My new web site address is: www.liveoakdojo.com

I'd like to say that I really liked your instructor profile.

http://www.liveoakdojo.com/instructor.html

A lot of people have made false and undocumented claims over the years to have studied little-known martial arts in Japan, and it is always good to be cautious when choosing a teacher to study under.

However, in your case, you sat down and clearly explained exactly who you studied with, what ranks you received, how long you studied, with documentation and pictures, all in a very personable manner on video. I really enjoyed it.

I think you really set a new standard there for openness and honesty that I hope others will follow in the future.

Sincerely,

Ron Beaubien

DDATFUS
7th April 2010, 16:36
I'll second Ron on that. It's really refreshing to see a website with such clear information.

It's also good to see more koryu back down South-- it isn't fair that so many of the good instructors are wasted on the Yankees ;)

Kendoguy9
7th April 2010, 18:47
Wasted on Yankees, huh? If you spent as much time with a furibo as you did on e-budo you'd be very impressive with a sword. Ha! :laugh:

DDATFUS
7th April 2010, 19:01
True words. Note to self: the next time I office-hunt, I need to find an office with high enough ceilings to swing my furibo.

Duke Meade
8th April 2010, 02:08
Minna San, Domo Arigato Gozaimashita! Thank you very much for your kind critique. I know the web site is not all that, but thank you for taking the time to look at it.
Ron San is correct by saying that one must be cautious when trying to find a Sensei. That is why I moved on from Taichichuan Wushu to Taichichuan Koushu. Sato Sensei's Taichichuan was the best! Chinese import refined by a Jujustu master.
What is Yankee? Just Kidding.

Sincerely,

Duke Meade

DDATFUS
8th April 2010, 03:21
What is Yankee? Just Kidding.

Honestly, I shouldn't give them such a hard time. They can't help being what they are. They just do it so well...