PDA

View Full Version : 35 Articles Summarization

Dave Lowry
9th February 2001, 03:22
The summaraziation provided on the website mentioned above has some rather substantial differences from the two versions of the "35 Articles" I have in Japanese. Could Mr. Wolfe provide some background on where and how this summarization was created? It isn't a translation, obviously. More like some kind of precis, but as I said, it doesn't seem to be addressing the original in several instances. Is there any further information on the original source?

Cordially,

Johan
9th February 2001, 08:04
Are you awere of any translation to english, made by an experienced researcher?

Just some guy
9th February 2001, 09:44
Johon,
Sorry but, the only copy I know of is the one I have. It was made by Dave Hewitt who has Lived in Japan for seven years and works as a translater and English teacher there. He has also Studied Martial Arts while in Japan all this time and for a few years before he went. The translation I have is wonderful and I know that dave has talked about having it published with a Copy of Gorin No Sho someday but, I don't think he's had time to take his plans farther than the Drawing board at the moment. If things change, I'll let you know.

Robert Wolfe
9th February 2001, 14:43
Mr. Lowry,
The summary was originally published in the electronic journal Budo Shinbun, and republished by permission on our web site. No references were included with the summary, so I don't know the source used by the author.

-- Bob Wolfe