PDA

View Full Version : NABA and USMAA ?

pgsmith
16th February 2001, 19:01
Greetings Mr. McCartney,
It has certainly been lively around here since you arrived sir! Since you are here, maybe you would answer a question that I have wondered about. Is the NABA organization which you help to run affiliated with the U.S.M.A.A. organization of which you are a director? http://www.mararts.org/ Just wondering.

Regards,

Russell McCartney
16th February 2001, 20:17
Mr. Smith,
Yes it has been lively. Still, no one should look forward to 'that' sort of entertainment. Your question is valid and thanks for asking. Simply said, the U.S.M.A.A. was started as and is in large part dedicated to karate, judo, and many other associated kick/punch and grappling arts. I accepted the title there to show my support and offer what help I could for the concept the organization was founded on (please see that site for details).

The NABA was formed to provide a format 'specific' to sword arts and 'non Ryu Specific' contest type activity (please see NABA site for details).

I hope this helps. If not enough, feel free to email me or any of the other NABA Directors via info@ishiyamaryu.com.
Thankyou for your interest,
Russell McCartney IYR/NABA