PDA

View Full Version : Cuss filter

Chi
23rd February 2001, 12:34
Hi,

I've noticed that a number of posts have had certain four-letter combinations replaced with asterisks... so I'm guessing there is an auto-cuss-filter in place; in principle this is a good idea, but... now, as this seems to be occuring in words such as (excuse my transliteration of ! for i) style names e.g. "sh!to ryu" and japanese terms e.g. "do itashimash!te", neither of which I think of as particularly offensive. It doesn't matter too much, but is this a general feature of the boards (if so, don't worry about it!), or something set in my personal user prefs (and hence turn-off-able :) )?

Also (to John): what happened to the wonderful banners in the differnt fora such as the "sokemon supplies" banner in the Members lounge and the picture of Seiko Fujita in Genral Ninpo? I kinda miss them :)

(I'm not knocking the new layout mind... I think it looks cool!)

Regards,

Chris.

John Lindsey
23rd February 2001, 18:18
Yes, we do have a cuss filter. I have adjusted it so words like shito-ryu should read ok.

As for the banners, they will come back in time. This was a major upgrade and I am having to rebuild the forum styles slowly. My main concern right now it making sure everything is working fine.

Firedan
24th February 2001, 19:25
I must say this is a really cool website. I've actually been just reading it for a long time and just recently I kinda started participatting. I was wondering who owns this site or is it sponsered by somebody. I can't believe it's free. Oh well, take care and keep up the good work.

John Lindsey
24th February 2001, 20:48
Hi,

When it comes to running the site, its a one man show and that is me. BUT, I get help in running the forums with all the moderators.

We have a lot of activity here and thus a high transfer of data. I think we basically "hog" the server we are currently on. Monthly cost is now $100 for us, but I got that taken care of.

Donations are always welcome :). Not so much money, but manpower as in budo geeks with programming experience.