PDA

View Full Version : How can I write in italics?

W.Bodiford
24th February 2001, 20:23
How can I get HTML tags to work? In a recent message I tried to specify italics by placing angle brackets around certain words. When I previewed my post, though, instead of italics I saw angle brackets with "I" and "/I" inside of them. In response, I deleted all of the HTML tags.

What did I do wrong? How can I get italic in my messages?

Thank you for your help.

MarkF
25th February 2001, 09:51
Hi, Prof. Bodiford,
Basically, you can use vBulletin tags as well, and to use those and/or hotmail, click the change profile button and go to vBulletin's "My vBulletin," "or Home." The explanations are there. You may have to check in a few places, but they are there. I am still learning the new software.

To use italics, use the same brackets, these[] and insert the *i* in the front tag and */i* in the add tag (or whatever the tags are called. Works the same way with underline, as in {u} and {/u} and bold {b} and {/b} but use the lower case brackets, and all lower case letters. If you don't want to use the quote button, just copy and place {quote} and {/quote} using lower case brackets and letters.

So to simplify my all ready overly instructive PC (not too much) knowledge, simpy use lower case everything. It isn't too much different than HTML, which I can understand about as well as the reasons the spellcheck crashes on me, or why I can't access it. Joe and I both get some kind of error message at the least, and it is on and off with even a display of mispellings. I get "access denied" when it works at all.

Regards,