PDA

View Full Version : Status of Organisations in Japan

Jonesy
5th December 2010, 15:17
Can anybody advise me as to what sort of status do the slightly non-mainstream organisations such as Kokusai Budoin (International Martial Arts Federation), the modern Dai Nippon Butokukai and the Zen Nihon Budo Renmei (with Nippon Seibukan as the hnonbu dojo) enjoy in Japan. They of course have judo, kendo, aikido and karate divisions.

Jonesy
10th December 2010, 15:54
I am surprised that noone is able to contribute here....

Black and Blue
21st February 2011, 04:13
I am surprised that noone is able to contribute here....

Perhaps you might want to define "status". You might get more replies. As a member of ZNBR I'm sure we at least get a little respect, but other then that, Im not sure what you mean.

Phil Scudieri
ZNBR
www.delawarebudokan.net

Jonesy
21st February 2011, 22:41
Perhaps you might want to define "status". You might get more replies. As a member of ZNBR I'm sure we at least get a little respect, but other then that, Im not sure what you mean.

Phil Scudieri
ZNBR
www.delawarebudokan.net
Thought it was obvious.

Status ="the relative position or standing of things..."

So, what I mean is, are the organisations I listed viewed as legitimate, bona fide associations for the budo styles withinntheir perimeter. How are they viewed in Japan, by Japanese budoka, relative to the Kodokan, the Aikiai, the Zen Nihon Kendo Renmei etc?

Black and Blue
22nd February 2011, 18:03
Hi,
Sorry it was'nt so obvious to me lol.It is an interesting question.
THe ZNBR to my knowledge is the governing board for budo for the conservation of Classicl Martial Arts.Although several arts are covered, I have no idea of what the Kodokan as a organization would think of our Judo rep.Or perhaps what the JKA of our karate representive. I can only say is that the people selected to represent each art is vetted for authenticity relative to their respective art.The ZNKR for instance may like the organization but not the representative for kendo etc. So how do they think as a whole? I would think you would have to ask the reps for the Kodokan and ZNKR.The Organization ZNBR I believe has a very strong foundation through its founder and current leaders.
I have been a member of the Heki Ryu and Zenco(Kyudo) under Shibata the XX for 16 years.They have no problem for example and think ZNBR is fine. I can say that for sure lol.
I am ZNBR US rep for Kobudo:Kenjutsu,Kyudo and various pole arms.Im sure someone might not like what I do but thats ok also.The ZNBR likes what I do.We will be having a huge get together in Sept for 4 days. I will be doing some demos there in Kyoto.I will probably learn a lot more after being there and talking to other members.
The ZNBR is also connected through our Chairman Mifumi to the ZNSBR which is a much larger group. Sorry I cant give you more but perhaps someone from those organizations will reply.
Phil Scudieri
ZNBR
www.delawarebudokan.net