PDA

View Full Version : japanese feudal era television series?

Elsdragon
28th February 2001, 00:28
hi
i live in australia and about 10 years ago i saw a television series set in the japanese feudal era. It started at about the same time as "Tour of Duty" the television series started
I would like to see it again, it was a great series, and i was just wondering if anyone knew what it was called?
thanks

Neil Hawkins
28th February 2001, 05:43
Welcome, it's good to see a few more Aussies here!

There was 'Shintaro', which was about Ninja's and such in the early 1600's. But I'm sure that was more than 10 years ago maybe you saw a re-run. Apart from that I only remember the 'Shogun' mini-series.

Can you describe it a bit more? Shintaro is available on video, but it has another name that eludes me at present, as is Shogun, but there may have been others I didn't get to see (I was in Broome 10 years ago and if it wasn't on the ABC, I didn't see it!).

Regards

Neil

Elsdragon
1st March 2001, 00:52
well it wasn't a ninja series
it was about different clans and how they interacted, trying to become shogun i think? there was lots of fighting and betrayal and alliances
went on for about a few months i think
on sbs

The Piranah
20th March 2001, 09:16
I have been doing a lot of research on samurai films on the internet and i think that the series youre referring to is called Samurai or The Samurai. Could be wrong though

chrismoses
23rd March 2001, 20:48
A british co-worker told me about a series called The Watermargin. I never saw it but it sounds like it could be the series you are looking for. If anyone knows how to find it, let me know, I have been interested in seeing it for a while.