PDA

View Full Version : Shinto Muso-ryu jo training in NYC area

Mikey
1st March 2001, 22:36
I was wondering if anyone could direct me towards experienced teachers of Sinto Muso-ryu in the New York City area and also if anyone could tell me of any resources in the form of books on the history of the ryu.

Thanks for any help that could be offered.
Mikey

Diane Skoss
1st March 2001, 22:47
Dear Mike Hartling,

Check out http://shinto-muso-ryu.org/ for some history.

Also http://koryu.com/guide/muso.html for other links and information.

My husband and I are teaching in NJ (about 40 minutes from Penn Station by train). Please contact Meik Skoss at mskoss@koryubooks.com for more information.

Hope this helps!

Diane Skoss

Mikey
2nd March 2001, 13:57
Mrs. Skoss,

Thanks for the info it has been very helpful.
Mikey

Chad Bruttomesso
2nd March 2001, 19:50
Mr. Hartling,

IMHO you will not find many people in the US that are really good at SMR. Of those, both Meik and Diane are amoung the best. I am quite envious of anyone that can train with either Meik or Diane on a regular basis. If I lived within 3 hours or less I would make weekly training with them a part of my life.

Good luck.

StephenBaker
12th February 2007, 19:16
Good afternoon,

Has anybody reading this, trained with the Kobujodokai?

The weblink is: www.kobujodokai-usa.org.

I ran a search and could not find this group listed on e-budo yet. If I missed the thread, apologies.

Thank you in advance for any information that you wish to share.

Stephen Baker

Andy Watson
12th February 2007, 19:28
Nope but from the look of their website they seem to be a good honest dojo with visits from very highly graded jodo teachers.

Kim Taylor
22nd February 2007, 18:45
Harvey King has been practicing and teaching for a very long time, I've practiced with him and his skill level is just peachy.

You're safe to go there and practice.
Kim.

Adam Young
18th May 2007, 10:54
My impression of Harvey was of a very nice, down-to-earth guy. I don't think you can go wrong with him.