PDA

View Full Version : Master Jacques Quero

m.decroix
4th March 2001, 13:31
May you tell me if you know wich martial Background has "Master Jacques Quero". He has a 5th dan in Traditionnal Jujutsu but doesn't give the name of his teachers.

In Fact, when you go in a training hall where his method is taught you can see his portrait at the same place that jigoro kano etc...

I forget to tell you tha'ts a french teacher.

Any piece of information would help

M. Decroix

Yamantaka
4th March 2001, 14:15
Originally posted by m.decroix
May you tell me if you know wich martial Background has "Master Jacques Quero". He has a 5th dan in Traditionnal Jujutsu but doesn't give the name of his teachers.
In Fact, when you go in a training hall where his method is taught you can see his portrait at the same place that jigoro kano etc...

M. Decroix

YAMANTAKA : :( Pride...Perhaps arrogance...Refusal on giving reasonable explanation...
I definitely don't like it. He may be good or not (never heard of him) but he has at least three characteristics of "bad budo". :nono:
Be very careful with this guy.
Best regards

Neil Hawkins
6th March 2001, 23:10
Now I know I replied to this a couple of days ago, but must have pushed a wrong button or something.

Here's something I found on a Belgian Jujutsu site (http://www.tenguryu.be/US/startus.htm):

Wa-jutsu
'Science of Concord'. a synthesis of Judo, Aikido and Karate founded in 1983 by Jacques Quero. Based on the old Budo-spirit with no sympathy for tournaments and spectacular techniques. The emphasis lies on the harmonious development of mind and body; the purpose is to reach universal harmony (Wa) within oneself. "There is only one person to be conquered in Wa-jutsu - oneself." Trainings consist mainly of Kata and Randori.

Wajutsu is a fairly common name in jujutsu circles and usually refers to a softer style (softer meaning flowing, not less practical) such as Goshin Ryu. The name was popular amongst westernised arts that were more aikido than jujutsu in the jujustu 'boom'.

Aside from this small snippet, I know nothing about him.

Regards

Neil

Arne Oster
7th March 2001, 07:48
I haven't heard anything about Quero Sensei for ages. The art of Wa-Jutsu is derived from his Hakko Ryu background (having received Shihan training at the Honbu) combined with other (for me less interesting) elements. The Hakko Ryu material
in his book was useful for my practice in the early days.
Regards
Arne