PDA

View Full Version : Dojo in Tokyo

Rob Gassin
4th August 2011, 14:03
An ex Melbourne kenshi has returned to live in Japan. He is looking for a SK dojo in Tokyo. He sent mre the following message:

'Do you know any good do jo for adults (like monash) in Tokyo?
I can only go on Saturday or Sunday, and I am living in Itabashi ward in Tokyo at the moment...'

Can anyone help?

Sum dum guy
5th August 2011, 06:34
Gassho

Google "Tokyo Shorinji Kempo Association"

You'll get a list of the 130 Branches in Tokyo, in Itabashi Cho Sanada sensei has two Dojo.

You can't go too far wrong with him. Having said that all the instructors will be Rokudan or higher, suggest as you get the opportunity get around the four or five in that area and check them out,

If their are any other foreigners training in a Dojo go with that one, it will make things so much smoother.

Good luck.

Oh if you have no joy, pop in and see Nakano Sensei and get him back into training.:)

Rob Gassin
5th August 2011, 08:31
Gassho

Google "Tokyo Shorinji Kempo Association"

You'll get a list of the 130 Branches in Tokyo, in Itabashi Cho Sanada sensei has two Dojo.

You can't go too far wrong with him. Having said that all the instructors will be Rokudan or higher, suggest as you get the opportunity get around the four or five in that area and check them out,

If their are any other foreigners training in a Dojo go with that one, it will make things so much smoother.

Good luck.

Oh if you have no joy, pop in and see Nakano Sensei and get him back into training.:)

Thanks Stewart,

The guy who asked me to post this thread is a Japanese guy who trained with us for 1 year and recently returned to Japan. He is sandan in Aikido but had never done SK. Whilst here studying, he took up SK and kendo and kept doing Aikido as well.

Thanks for the info, I'll pass it on.

Cheers, Rob

Ewok
29th September 2011, 01:59
The dojo search tool on the official SK website is pretty good - you can quickly find a dojo that is close or has training on the days you want.