PDA

View Full Version : Bando Sensei.....Great sorrow at his passing.

Steve Williams
9th March 2001, 09:14
I have just read, with no small amount of sadness, that Bando Sensei has passed away.

On January 6th, 2001, Kunio Bando, WSKO Instructor and Daihanshi 8th Dan died of heart failure.

I, amongst many here, was very fortunate to be taught by Bando sensei on a couple of occasions, and have many good (painful) memories of Bando sensei's technique.

This is a great loss to the Martial Arts community, and to Shorinji Kempo in particular.

I am sure that many of you have been inspired by Bando sensei's tremendous knowledge and superb technique, and have many great memories of this great man.

For those of you not within the 'Shorinji Kempo community' Bando sensei can be remembered as the small Japanese instructor on the 'Way of the warrior' program, who (with apparent ease) knocked out the rather large western student with one very slight strike.

Anders Pettersson
13th March 2001, 13:01
Gassho.

I also feel very sorry about the passing away of Bando-sensei. I received the information from another e-budo member already a few days after he died but we agreed on not post anything until it was official news from Hombu.

I had the opportunity to take part in a lesson taught by Bando-sensei in last years May together with the Busen (the regular weekly class that he have had for years with the senior class in the Hombu Busen). Other than that I have only met him in some different training camps at Hombu and Europe.

He was indeed a fascinating man and a great resource for Shorinji Kempo and his death is a great loss for us.