PDA

View Full Version : Get the New Video

Steve Williams
12th March 2001, 22:18
If you train (or have an interest) in Shorinji Kempo, then you must get the new video........

Had my copy since September last year but only just been able to watch it properly (it is NTSC format, not PAL that we use in europe), it is really good, informative and very well made.
The only drawback is that it is all in Japanese (drawback for me anyway :) )

It is "starring" many instructors, amongst them Arai sensei, Kawashima sensei (these apear to be the main instructors) Mizuno sensei (UK) and Aosaka sensei (France) and many other sensei showing (as always) excellent technique.

Steve Williams
12th March 2001, 22:23
ISBN number 4-583-04044-X

Anders Pettersson
13th March 2001, 13:05
If you live in Europe it is no problem if you have a newer video recorder that can play both Pal and NTSC. It is available even on cheaper video recorders.

I got the video in September and really liked it.
It is good as an introduction of Shorinji Kempo. I understand enough Japanese to get most of what they say on the video, but I once watched it together with some beginners in my branch and they also understood quite a lot even without understanding any Japanese.

So although a little expensive, 3800 yen for a 37 minute long video it is a recommended buy for everybody that are interested in Shorinji Kempo, even if you don't understand Japanese.