PDA

View Full Version : Koryu in NC (Triangle Area?)

DDATFUS
19th April 2012, 00:33
As the thread title implies, I'll be relocating to the Triangle area of North Carolina soon and, while I plan to continue my training at my current dojo by commute, I am wondering if anyone knows of koryu that are active in the area (if nothing else I always love the chance to see what other groups do). A web search revealed a jodo study group and a kyudo group in the immediate area and some Daito Ryu groups a little farther away. I know that there was a Sosuishi Ryu group somewhere in North Carolina at one point, but reliable information indicates that it is no longer active. Other than those I haven't been able to turn up any leads.

If anyone has information on groups that might not have as much web presence, feel free to contact me by private message or at my email, wdsims at gmail.

Steven Wood
19th April 2012, 12:09
Hey David,

I just sent you an email.

gmarquay
25th May 2012, 05:02
I realize this is an older thread. However, I am seriously considering moving to the area when I retire from military service soon. Is anyone aware of any koryu in the area? Thanks.

- Glenn Marquay

Hissho
25th May 2012, 15:27
Glenn

I'd PM David above and Chris Covington (Kendoguy).

Taisho
9th November 2015, 17:10
Hi people. I just relocated to the triangle and was wondering the same thing. Hope it's no problem that I'm resurrecting this thread. Looking for something particularly on the Durham side of things.