PDA

View Full Version : I'm back?

urbalte
22nd April 2012, 13:12
Where did everyone go around here? I used to see posts popping updaily from Karl Friday and Brian Owens. Now.......nothing. What happened?

I got back to Japan from San Diego, CA about two yesrs ago, but since I'm still active duty Navy, I've been underway almost the whole time since arriving in July 2010. operational schedule is slowing down now, finally, so I'll be going back to the dojo soon. Can't wait.

If anyone is interested I practice Toyama Ryu/Soga Ryu Batto Jitsu here in Uraga, Japan. Near Yokosuka (just south of Yokohama).

Chidokan
21st May 2012, 21:49
the whole forum is quiet... Maybe it was something you said before you went away....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Brian Owens
28th May 2012, 17:24
Where did everyone go around here? I used to see posts popping updaily from Karl Friday and Brian Owens.

I'm still here, but I don't post much anymore. I'm spending more time on pursuits unrelated to Budo -- cooking, photography, church, Knights of Columbus.

Welcome back, though!

pgsmith
30th May 2012, 18:46
Welcome back Jon,
All of the martial arts fora have quieted down a lot. It is my belief that the various fora didn't pan out quite the way that the more experienced instructors were hoping they would. So, they pretty much ignore them these days. You'll get an occasional post, but only if the subject is something that happens to catch someone's attention.

Tripitaka of AA
30th May 2012, 20:50
Or... all the good conversations have already happened.

Or... all the trolls and weirdos finally realised that coming onto forums would get them exposed as frauds, so they stopped coming and the fun disappeared.

Or... facebook took over. I wouldn't know about that one, I have resisted.