PDA

View Full Version : Info. on Jigen RYu Kenjutsu

HitokiriBattousai
20th March 2001, 04:32
Would anyone happen to known of any sites out there with information on Jigen Ryu Kenjutsu? Just curiousity really, since all I really know is that the style was known to incorporate aggressive, powerful attacks.
:saw:

Thanks!

hyaku
20th March 2001, 23:45
I have connections through my Ryu with Togo Sensei and the Jigen Ryu. They demostrate at our main functions, I at theirs.

Last year I did some training in their Hei hosho. A totaly different concept in Koryu. The feirceness of the attack and high pitched kiai is well renowned in Japan. A clear ultimate for the attacked of either "lets do it" or cut and run

One of their members is a producer for Kagoshima TV. But as far as I know they have no internet connections. There are enough unknown ryu in that area to write a few books. ost of them like to keep to themseves viewing Japan as outside.

Hyakutake Colin

David A. Hall
23rd March 2001, 04:30
A few years back, c. 1980, the Budokan included in its archival films a film of Togo Sensei's line of Jigen-ryu. Most (all?) of those are available on VHS from the Budokan. Since then several "martial arts specials" on Japanese TV have included Jigen-ryu portions.

HitokiriBattousai
23rd March 2001, 04:55
Where would these be availible? Thank you for your help.

David A. Hall
23rd March 2001, 05:11
I don't currently have the address.

Meik Skoss would probably know. He never forgets a name or an address (sometimes to my chagrin).